Author Topic: Iraqveteran8888 1860 henry video  (Read 7556 times)

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Iraqveteran8888 1860 henry video
« on: October 31, 2016, 03:53:37 AM »
I recently finished Iraqveteran8888's video on the 1860 henry and to me seems to have gotten one or two things wrong and the way he loads it is dangerous seeing that the primers may go off and let the whole tube explode. interesting video seeing him shoot 300 yards, the distance that many forensic scientist and scholars say was most of the distance in the battle of the little bighorn. link to the video is here

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
Re: Iraqveteran8888 1860 henry video
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:37:47 AM »
You can tell he has no knowledge of that type of firearm and is giving unsafe demonstration and info. He said the 44-40 is the same as the original 44 rimfire except for being centerfire.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
I'll admit, I've never been fond of Iraqveteran8888's videos. He knows his stuff with more modern firearms, but those don't interest me at all. The historical firearms he uses do interest me, but his lack of knowledge shows with those videos. I much prefer Mike Beliveau's videos. Always good information in them.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:46:46 AM »

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
Same here, I love Mike's videos, I learned a lot about old west firearms because of him.

Offline Mossyrock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »
Plus, watching someone shoot a Henry with smokeless is like watching paint dry.  HOLY BLACK OR NUTHIN'!!
Mossyrock

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 363
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 07:40:22 AM »
Plus, watching someone shoot a Henry with smokeless is like watching paint dry.  HOLY BLACK OR NUTHIN'!!

It does look very wrong.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline reno

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: #810
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 08:08:27 AM »
Someone should tell him that is not a very good way to load a Henry rifle. With him holding that rifle straight up and dropping those rounds straight down in front of his face. I know it is unlikely that a round will go off, but it has happened, and if it did with that magazine right in his face I'd hate to think what the results would be.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 10:56:21 AM »
Wow! Original Henry and 44-40 in the same sentence? That can't be right.  ::)

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 07:08:43 PM »
 YO,after read'n all this ,,,,,,I ,,just got'a go pee,I mean go relieve a call of nature ( I love this place).

And MIKE'S , video's are good !!!.

Hootmix.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 11:12:35 AM »
As a Henry owner of many years, I quit watching that video half way through. Guys like him are dangerous.

You've got more concerns that a proper crimp on the bullets. Dropping the rds down the tube vertically could cause a detonation with sensitive primers like Federal. The proper technique is to hold the rifle horizontally, muzzle downrange, then carefully lower the follower being sure not to lose the grip on it.

I've been present twice when three rds detonated after the shooter slapped the nose cap shut, and I know of one other.  In one case, it was after 10 rds had been loaded, in the other, five rds. You'd think that with 10 rds, the follower wouldn't have that far to fall, but it happened. With five rds, that heavy follower had some energy behind it.

You can learn a lot from proper videos, but poorly made videos showing dangerous techniques need to be called out.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 11:35:12 AM »
As a Henry owner of many years, I quit watching that video half way through. Guys like him are dangerous.

You've got more concerns that a proper crimp on the bullets. Dropping the rds down the tube vertically could cause a detonation with sensitive primers like Federal. The proper technique is to hold the rifle horizontally, muzzle downrange, then carefully lower the follower being sure not to lose the grip on it.

I've been present twice when three rds detonated after the shooter slapped the nose cap shut, and I know of one other.  In one case, it was after 10 rds had been loaded, in the other, five rds. You'd think that with 10 rds, the follower wouldn't have that far to fall, but it happened. With five rds, that heavy follower had some energy behind it.

You can learn a lot from proper videos, but poorly made videos showing dangerous techniques need to be called out.
I know of at least one. I always hold my hand around the barrel/magazine to protect against the follower slamming down on the loaded rounds. Someone needs to let this guy know that he's putting others in danger by this video.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
Few years back I saw a video by a well known gun scribe demonstrating the Henry and how well it shot.  Dropping rounds straight DOWN the mag tube.  I cringed, waiting for the BANG.  He got away with it.  I know three people who didn't get away with it.  N serious injuries, but three badly damaged guns.  Some folks are scary.

Coffinmaker

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
"MR COFFIN",,I don't own a "HENRY",,but "8888's" loading practice,sounds like "attempted suicide",,yes sir,,he does need to be corrected,,good point.

Hootmix.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1215
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 04:37:53 PM »
If you read the comments below that video, the possibility of magazine detonation was pointed out a couple times and pretty much ignored.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 424
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2016, 05:02:11 PM »
Few years back I saw a video by a well known gun scribe demonstrating the Henry and how well it shot.  Dropping rounds straight DOWN the mag tube.  I cringed, waiting for the BANG.  He got away with it.  I know three people who didn't get away with it.  N serious injuries, but three badly damaged guns.  Some folks are scary.

Coffinmaker

This one ?        

I witnessed one myself.... I hate to see bad juju happen to anyone...but this one was pure inevitable "what goes around , comes around"

One of those know it all's  ::)  won't listen to anybody Yahoo's  
Trouble was he was uninjured, but my friend manning loading table was .... took a piece of shell casing frag in fat layer above his bellybutton ....had to go to the emergency room , and surgery removed.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
The guy loading his "fararm" in the video was a fool, a lucky fool. I cringed watching those rds go down .....

In the 10 rd incident I mentioned, I had just supervised the shooter loading and before I could stop him, he slapped the nose cap shut as he was laying the rifle down. His wrist was shot full of fragments. Earlier we had words re: the need to repaint steel targets between possees and he was in a snit about it.

When he got back from emerg, he was somewhat chagrined. I admit to being rattled after the incident and didn't have much interest in shooting the rest of the match. Not every day you see someone suffering from self inflicted wounds and hear three rds detonate simultaneously.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 06:57:31 PM »
YOU   CANNOT   FIX   STUPID

Coffinmaker

Offline dddrees

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 06:23:24 PM »
What is extremely unfortunate is that people like this have so many followers of their YouTube channel you can only hope others are not following their lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com