Author Topic: What is the best Rolling Block action for BROW?  (Read 24012 times)

Offline Skyrider

• Very Active Citizen
  • Thank A VET For Your FREEDOM!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What is the best Rolling Block action for BROW?
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 08:41:55 PM »
I personally would put my money on the PEDEROSOLI brand! I looked at a lot of them but it came down to spending $3600 for a Sharps Montana, or the Pederosoli for $1800 dollars. The 30 inch barrel is octagon, caliber is 45/90 and it shoots 1.5 inch groups at 50 yds with the irons off the bench. I have double set triggers on this John Bodine model. This is going to be a present for the wife!
IRISH MIKE

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What is the best Rolling Block action for BROW?
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
I am SO chuffed ... the only reason I haven't taken it out is that if I do there will be nothing under the tree at Christmas time ... LOL.

Because I had heard unkind things about Pedersoli Soule sites and great things about the ones at Montana Vintage Arms,
I bought a Pedersoli S865 'Silhouette Model' that came with iron open sights (And saved about $300 on the Bodine)... I then ordered the # 113 front tunnel site with bubble and the # 103 Long distance Soule site from Montana Arms ... had a gunsmith put on the front site and 'trusted' myself to put on the rear Soule ... time will tell after I shoot it after Christmas ... so here is the pic ... for all purposes, it IS a John Bodine  Model:

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com