Author Topic: yet another Revolver question  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Sundown Storm

• "An' so God wills it; let there be rain."
  • Active citizen
  • "...a time to reap..."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
yet another Revolver question
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:15:10 AM »
Okay, here I go again:
I'm much enamored of birdshead grips, so I'm curious, how close is the Taurus Gaucho to the Colt SAA? close enough to allow for mounting of Colt SAA birdshead gripframes to the Taurus? (I know I'm more or less dreaming, but, i'm curious)

Alternatively, has anyone seen birdshead grips for the Taurus, or is it too new?
Sebastyen "Sundown" Storm
RATS #287, S.O.T.G. #1, Freemason
Why, yes, I dress like this all the time. I feel very unencumbered like this, and it helps to conceal my pistols...
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/docstorm

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: yet another Revolver question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:09:25 PM »
Howdy Storm.  I don't think a Colt grip frame could be put on a Taurus, but then, I'm no gunsmith and I have seen talented gunsmiths do amazing things.  There are really two types of so called "birds head" grips.  There's the kind with the hump like on the early Colt double actions, (Lightning model and Thunderer model), and there's the type without the hump like on a birds head Vaquero.  Cimmaron sells a nice replica of the Colt type... single action, of course.  Good luck, good shooting and God bless.   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:39:28 PM »
With the Taurus being a T-Bar gun and the others not, you might run into some machining problems...........Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:29:18 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com