Author Topic: May we have coffee and a new thread  (Read 144344 times)

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
Re: May we have coffee and a new thread
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Rained overnight. 'Tis 49 and overcast. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers in the morning. Nearly steady temperature in the mid 50s. West wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2014, 07:43:53 AM »
Mornin’.

Same as yestitty. Didn’t get ta 90°, thankee. Don’t want either but if I had ta pick I’d take the heat. Freakin’ snow makes the idiots do strange things on the roads.

Trigger finger’s gettin’ itchy. Wanna shoot sumthin’ other’n BBs. Been a long time since Thursday last..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
A little playing with yesterday's picture to bring out the highlights.   

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 09:40:06 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »

Shouldn’t walked out ta the mailbox.

Got a letter askin’ for money from the Kempsville Volunteer Rescue Squad. City the size of this one with the money they take from the producers ‘n we still need a volunteer rescue squad. Guess the ‘leaders’ gotta rail bus ta build. As well as a conference center hotel ‘n an arena – with no team ta play there – but we might get a visit from Lady GaGa.

Broke out the check book for the good folks willin’ ta put their butts on the line for mine.

Open one from the Wildlife Center. I’m just a sucker for the cute ‘n feathered creatures.

This be Buttercup. He ain’t releasable. Human imprinted. He’d starve.

Ain’t he cute? How can I not give a few bucks ta help the boy?

Gettin’ a ‘KEEP CALM ‘n CARRION’ tee shirt outta the deal too.

Still strokin’ checks……..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2014, 05:11:06 PM »
I feel like Frodo after he dropped the ring in the mountain...  "It's done.  It's over.  It's done."

Just got home from Chemistry class finals... :o

Sunny n' warm weather, but no moisture in the forecast. :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »
I forgot to mention that today is one of my best friend's birthday. My Cowboy buddy, Buck Taylor has a birthday today.   "Law and Order every time"!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2014, 06:34:16 PM »
Helped take the cover off the park pool today. Pool is fairly big, but was made somewhat more shallow a few years ago due to insurance costs. Had lunch and then we mowed. Oh,boy, did we mow. Got allthe areas at the front of the park done. Good thing that Kubota has 4 wheel drive, some spots were pretty wet yet. Made some muddy tracks.

There was one confirmed twister last night north east of us. EF 1. Otherwise a lot of flash flooding and damages from water ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2014, 05:44:11 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy!  It is still dark outside, and the temp. Is still cool outside.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2014, 05:52:34 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

67 and cloudy here. Had boomers and showers off'n'on overnight ::) More expected today :-\

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2014, 06:11:36 AM »
It is 52 outside, 85 % humidity! with a light rain. We got an 80 % chance of rain for the rest of the day.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2014, 06:44:20 AM »
Mornin’.

Hazy out. Mid sixties now, goin’ ta mid eighties. Could be some t-storms later. Ain’t gonna talk ‘bout humidity, mebbe it’ll go away.

Still wanna shoot sumthin’. Out runnin’ errands ‘n went by the range what’s supposed to open soon  Rules onna big plaque greet ya as ya walk up ‘n they got more on the doors. Not ta be ignored, ‘pants must be worn.’ The place prolly won’t be for me.

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 45 and sunny. High of 61.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »
Coffee was just right this morning ...thanks Jim
Thunder boomers are to move in this afternoon , and 90% rain Mañana
Friday we're have lows in the mid 50's ...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »
Maybe they don't want anyone burned by hot brass,Arcey ::) :D

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2014, 12:44:44 PM »
That ‘n splash back I’d reckon.

We go to dress down, no costume required,  for the CAS shoots when it gets hot. Dress anyway ya think ya can get away with in the OFSDAR things. Never feel splash back in pants. Ya feel it in shorts on bare skin.

Folks shoot in the yuppie uniform at the other indoors. I’ve n’er known it to be an issue. The noobie prolly got the same lawyers what’s got utility trucks stickin’ out orange cones when they’re parked inna grocery’s parkin’ lot ‘n/or a small sedan w/ clerk type folks parkin’ inna neighborhood with other cars also parked at the curb.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »
Been known to wear not so "manly footwear" at the range never with out pants- i swear!

Just finished up my state required (biting my tongue) licenseing for work. Got my schedule. Asked if i was interested in another position in Gadsden.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »
I had some spicy chicken strips with cole slaw for lunch. No clue for supper tonight.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2014, 06:18:32 PM »
I ate beets with ginger and orane and a nice spinach salad for dinner.  It was spectacular.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »
Only had one class today. ;D

Tomorrow, I'm being sheared, then doing some end of the year work for school.  Last official day is the 23rd. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2014, 05:42:26 AM »
Got sheared myself yesterday. Bad day at the sewer plant as well. Looks like one of the big blowers is starting to go bad. Spent a lot of yesterday with an electrician down there..

66 and rain here. Had boomers and rain last night. Did have a warning for one that was showing rotation on doppler. No sighting that I'm aware of though,passed through the far western part of our county ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com