Special Interests - Groups & Societies > 1860 Henry

Navy Arms Henry

(1/2) > >>

Rattler:
Howdy,
 Any other folks have a Navy Arms Henry?These were made in Ridgefield New Jersey by Val Forgett.Not exact copies,they have two screws in the left sideplate and '73 hammers and levers.Mine is .44 WCF.but some were produced in .44 rimfire also.American Walnut stock,nicely made and finished.
Its been shot now for about 30 years and has developed an "original"patina,looks really cool.Tack driver at 100 yds.
                 Best,
                         R ;)

Triggersmith:
I have a Navy Arms 1860 Henry.  A real beauty with swivels. Sweet shooter

Major 2:
I had a carbine (2" shorter ) in 44/40 Marked: Navy Arms - Ridgefield, New Jersey. It was made by Uberti though.

Advertising:

Lucky Deuce:
  I have one with a serial number in the 500's.  It is .44-40.  I love it.  It shoots way better than I can ever hope to be able to...  I love it.  The only problem I have is that the rear ladder sight is loose and floppy.  I bought a new ladder sight for it but it is made for the new Uberti's so the dovetail needs to be re-cut.  I am hesitant to change it since the old sight is a sort of buck horn and the new one isn't...

Driftwood Johnson:
The Ridgefield, New Jersey location was their offices and showroom. I drove there in 1968 to buy my first handgun, a brass framed 44 cal 'Navy' Cap & Ball revolver. They only marked the barrels with the New Jersey location, I'm pretty sure they did not make them there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version