Author Topic: 2021 Jerry Barnes 2-Gun KVC Memorial Match  (Read 1388 times)

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
2021 Jerry Barnes 2-Gun KVC Memorial Match
« on: May 03, 2021, 09:33:46 AM »
We had very pleasant weather for some 20 shooters. Eight well planned stages with just enough shooting to not tax the ammo stockpile. I like stages that occasionally only call for five pistol or just eight rifle.
Duck Creek Dave prepared some fine meals for everyone from his chuck wagon, along with the help of his "MaryAnn", Jerod Wight. Thanks also to Del Warren from James Country Mercantile for setting up his vending tent. Found some very reasonable bargains on percussion caps.

Congratulations to Johnson Barr for winning the NCOWS Double-Action Match on Sunday, shooting his harlequin S & W put together from junk drawer finds, mail-order parts and baling wire.

Fun stages and good times. And we only had to stomp out one prairie fire . . .

Job well done again for Books O'Toole, Trap and Magpie. And in truth all of the KVC contributed to make this a successful match. 

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Yuma Kid

• NCOWS Editor (The Shootist Magazine)
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John "Yuma Kid" Irons
  • SASS #: 31302
  • NCOWS #: L129
  • GAF #: 767
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
Re: 2021 Jerry Barnes 2-Gun KVC Memorial Match
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »
Well said, River City! We did have a grand time!
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:03:31 AM »
Sounds like I need to add it to my schedule next year.
Brian

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:32:48 AM »

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 02:44:54 PM »
It was a blast, good food, good people and a lot of fun!   Took a few pictures.   I opted to play with this one and take out cars, and other 21st century stuff and everything looks better in Sepia.

Offline OklaTom

• NCOWS Judge, NCOWS Life 172, GAF 719, SASS 73114, NRA Life, TSRA, Berger Sharp Shooters, Blue River Regulators, Kansas Vigilance Committee
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Bryan Buck
    • 3B Shooting Supply
  • SASS #: 73114
  • NCOWS #: L-172
  • GAF #: 719
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 05:17:06 PM »
As usual, completely enjoyed myself. Fun, quick stages, good times and friends. Can’t be beat...
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 12:59:03 PM »
I failed to mention that the 'junk box' 6" barrel has a bulge just short of the muzzle. A year long project to recreate as close as I could one of the '1 of 100' S&W 2nd Model New Departure 6" revolvers submitted to the Ordinance  Department in 1890. Colt and S&W hand ejectors won the contract. I actually cobbled the piece together for SpanAm GAF matches.
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 08:43:18 AM »
I failed to mention that the 'junk box' 6" barrel has a bulge just short of the muzzle. A year long project to recreate as close as I could one of the '1 of 100' S&W 2nd Model New Departure 6" revolvers submitted to the Ordinance  Department in 1890. Colt and S&W hand ejectors won the contract. I actually cobbled the piece together for SpanAm GAF matches.

Great shooting Mark!

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 08:49:42 AM »
Just to let those interested know, The NCOWS Double-Action Match calls for placing 5 rounds in a playing card at 15 paces within 30 seconds.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com