Author Topic: Video - The mighty .58 Roberts Remington rolling block  (Read 1332 times)

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Video - The mighty .58 Roberts Remington rolling block
« on: May 08, 2020, 01:45:03 PM »
It's been a while since I shot the .58 Roberts RRB. I'd not chronographed this rifle before, so was curious what it would do. I was pleased to find this load of 60gr of Goex 2F under a 494gr bullet averaged 1139fps. Not too shabby!

"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Video - The mighty .58 Roberts Remington rolling block
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:25 AM »
It's been a while since I shot the .58 Roberts RRB. I'd not chronographed this rifle before, so was curious what it would do. I was pleased to find this load of 60gr of Goex 2F under a 494gr bullet averaged 1139fps. Not too shabby!
     Like the video Steve , that old .58 is a bit quicker than I would have guessed . Bet that carries a Wallop !  ,,,DT

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 02:22:20 PM »
Yes, it has a bit of whomp to it. Of all my rollers, this one has the smoothest action of all. Its as smooth as butter.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:05:53 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com