Author Topic: Hello... Hello? Anyone here?  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Hello... Hello? Anyone here?
« on: November 10, 2019, 07:12:30 PM »
Greetings to all!
It has been over two and a half months since any one of us has posted anything here on our board  :'(.  Makes me wonder...  Have we finally run out of things to say about our USFA's?  Have we all lost interest?  Is there nothing more to be said?  Or, maybe, is the "Cowboy Action Shooting" game in it's death throes and we are now suffering from the residual effects?  Who knows?  Certainly not I.
USFA is dead and gone and there is no denying that.  It will never, despite Doug Donnelly's promises from a few years ago, come back. A sorry state of affairs!  Knowing that, we, who are lucky enough to possess these finely crafted USFA firearms, should count ourselves among the truly fortunate.
So... in the interest of keeping this board alive, maybe we should reintroduce old topics.  Your favorite USFA and why?  Guns you wish they had made.  Complaints.  Improvements. Give us, here on the board, anything! 
Don't let us die here as completely as USFA has.
Sincerely,
CJF 

You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Joel6180

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hello... Hello? Anyone here?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 09:01:55 AM »
Good post.  I have been wondering the same thing.

Offline markg44

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:12:21 AM »
Maybe the new Standard Mfg  SA has snagged some of the interest away.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:34:47 PM »

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 11:24:31 AM »
Maybe make it the USFA/Standard board? ???

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 11:32:17 AM »
I still have just the one, a Custer Battlefield, which I have posted before. I wish USFA had made some 100% American made cap n' ball revolvers. An American made USFA 1851 Navy would be a dream gun. Of what they did make I guess a Flattop Target .32-20 with 7 1/2" barrel would be my current dream gun. I'm not sure they ever made any in .32-20. I've seen them in .45 Colt and I think .44-40 and there's a .22 Magnum 7 1/2" on gunbroker now but at nearly $3,000 it's out of my league.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 12:21:34 PM »
Looking for something new, don't know much about these guns, other than some were uberti parts guns and some where USA made. This is one I've been watching. THoughts? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/842126839
King Medallion

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 01:22:21 PM »
Looks like a Rodeo that has been antiqued by the owner. The serial number looks like E879. The E prefix puts it well within the 100% American made range. With 4 hours to go it's at $782 it would be a great deal, assuming it's in perfect mechanical condition.

I might add there is an awesome looking .38-40 in the classifieds section right here. It was at a good price last time I checked. I have no connection with the seller, I'm just passing along the info.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 913
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
KM, that is indeed a Rodeo and at a very attractive price for an all USA made gun. The most desirable barrel length and arguably the most popular caliber. I hope you got it.

I fear this board is suffering from the gradual dying off of CAS, as well as from the increasingly outrageous prices being asked for USFA guns, even some obvious Uberti parts examples.

Because of right (shooting hand) shoulder reconstruction surgery in August I haven't been shooting until last week. That first try was with my self defense gun to start getting my skills back. My small collection of USFAs have languished in the safe, untouched for over 3 months. I'm hoping to get out with them in the next week or so. If I do I will try to report the results.

Dave

Offline hanover67

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 04:42:08 PM »
There is quite a USFA following on the ColtForum at Pictures - USFA Photos 104 pages, with the latest entry today (11/11/19}

While I agree that prices seem too high, I'm glad I have one, a Single Action, 4 3/4", .44 Special.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 12:30:58 AM »
Here is a Rodeo at a decent price if it is an all USA revolver and looks to be in pretty good condition except for the slight turn line on the cylinder. Can't see the serial number so can't tell for certain if it is a 100% USA revolver. The shape of the cylinder flutes makes me think it is an Italian parts revolver.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/revolvers/usfa-pistols-revolvers/usfa-rodeo-near-new-condition-no-longer-made-increasingly-hard-to-find-and-going-up-in-value.cfm?gun_id=101327222

A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 01:03:12 AM »
I just got a new set of custom Elk horn grips for my Rodeo II. I wanted and had ordered Merino Ram horn but settled for these because after waiting a very long time these were shipped instead of the Moreno ram. I didn't want to have to wait any longer and these looked good so I just went ahead and accepted them. May try again for the Merino at another time.

[url][/url]

[url[/url]

A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline m.mac86

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 05:03:59 AM »
Here guys ill add to the pile ;D, my rodeo II in 44 spl and a newish to me rodeo 44-40 frontier six shooter.

Offline everetto

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 09:15:02 AM »
Really like my Custer Battlefield and my 4.75 inch Red River - really want to find a 5.5 inch Red River!

Offline Joel6180

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 09:41:24 AM »
I might add there is an awesome looking .38-40 in the classifieds section right here. It was at a good price last time I checked. I have no connection with the seller, I'm just passing along the info.

Thank you for mentioning my ad.  Not much interest these days.

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »
So glad to see that there are still so many among us!  Those of you who posted pictures, please post them again to our "pictures page."  Thanks to all of you that have responded to this post!
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Pangaea

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 08:33:50 AM »
I was at the Wannamacher gun show in Tulsa this past weekend.  Saw lots of Colts, not a single USFA firearm.  Many of the dealers at the tables looked puzzled when I asked if they had ever seen one.  I wonder if they are all in private hands.

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 08:19:20 AM »
"Thank you for mentioning my ad.  Not much interest these days."

I have a theory that around this time of year as it gets closer to Christmas there are more sellers than buyers when it comes to used guns. I think it flips about two or three months after Christmas when people start getting their tax returns then they start buying used guns again.

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »
So, the other one I asked about I missed by one bid. O Well! Another came up I interested in, the serial number is  H254. Is that one a USA made? Guess I should go thru these threads more carefully to learn what is what.
King Medallion

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 913
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 12:01:03 PM »
...the serial number is  H254. Is that one a USA made?

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

Dave

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
Thank you, sir!
King Medallion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk