Author Topic: Things on the Horizon  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Things on the Horizon
« on: October 24, 2018, 12:40:59 PM »
Well,
Not sure why, or how good they will be, but there are some Westerns on the horizon. 
Firstly, I anticipated soon being very sleep deprived as Red Dead Redemption II will be released on the 26th.   Man I am really hoping it is as good as it looks.

I have not seen the Sister Brothers, but the trailer did not look bad.   I think it had limited release, so may check out on demand.  If you have seen it, I am definitely curious.

Vincent D' norfrio is directing and acting in The Kid, out soon I believe.   It is about Pat Garret and Billy the Kid.   I do hope more westerns is a trend.

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Things on the Horizon
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:15:47 PM »
...Firstly, I anticipated soon being very sleep deprived as Red Dead Redemption II will be released on the 26th.   Man I am really hoping it is as good as it looks...

I've saved up some time off to really enjoy that. I cannot understate how excited I am.

As for the sisters Brothers, the book is really good. My wife and I listened to it as an audio book on a road trip a while back and we really liked it.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »
As someone who live under a rock and doesn't get out much (smile) could you guys tell us sheltered types what "Red Dead Redemption I" was and where it can be found? And where is number "II" to be found?

Dave

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:40:07 AM »

Offline Jack Straw

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #1562
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 01:59:04 PM »
I'm with Dave T.......What the heck is Red Dead ??? ???

The D'nofrio (SP?) movie on Garrett and the Kid is intriguing.

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
Howdy all,

Red Dead Redemption II is a Western video game series that started with Red Dead Revolver back in the mid 2000's, followed by Red Dead Redemption in 2010, and the new one, Red Dead Redemption II, which comes out this Friday. The latter two games are open world games, where the player is given a large map to explore and has a lot of freedom to do as they want, in addition to following the main story of the games. Red Dead Redemption I was set in 1911 and followed a former outlaw named John Marston who was forced by unscrupulous lawmen to track down the remaining members of the Van Der Linde Gang, the group of outlaws he had run with.

The new one is a prequel, spanning from 1899 to 1906. The player plays as Arthur Morgan, a senior member of the Van Der Linde gang, and will follow the gang as the modern world begins to strangle the 'Old West.' The trailers for the game can be found at the link below. It looks phenomenally good, in my opinion.

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/videos
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
Yup, watching the Chiefs on Sunday night football and there was a commercial for it.    My wife asked me if that was why I paid the credit card bill without being asked to do the bills.   

"Reckon So, mam"

That garnered an OMG!   ;D

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 02:11:09 PM »
Well,
Here I am severely sleep deprived.   Red Dead Redemption II is a blast.  Alas, I shoot as well in the game as I do in real life, so I have died regularly, worst was trapped in the wilds with no ammo, except two rounds for my sawed off shotgun.   Luckily/unluckily, two fellows happened along who had ammo for my pistol.    I was quickly out of shotgun ammo and left them as buzzards have to eat, same as the worms.  A whole lot of fun.

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 03:08:18 PM »
Well,
Here I am severely sleep deprived.   Red Dead Redemption II is a blast.  Alas, I shoot as well in the game as I do in real life, so I have died regularly, worst was trapped in the wilds with no ammo, except two rounds for my sawed off shotgun.   Luckily/unluckily, two fellows happened along who had ammo for my pistol.    I was quickly out of shotgun ammo and left them as buzzards have to eat, same as the worms.  A whole lot of fun.

It's been a delight for me too. I spent Friday up in the mountains hunting for Bighorn sheep and then went and became a highwayman. Turns out robbing stagecoaches is a lot of work, but a lot of fun when it goes right. The amount of detail in the game is just astounding. I've been stopping often just to take in the scenery.

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »
Watching the gameplay for RD on Youtube makes me want to get back into gaming.
For everyone wanting to see some of the game:

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 07:31:00 AM »
I gamed back in the 80s when it was Nintendo.   It beat going to classes.  HA!   Pretty much when I graduated and started working, my wife and I did sega until mid 90s then stopped.    As a big fan of middle ages, etc., a friend recommended Oblivion (Elder Scrolls).  It was my first experience with open world games.   I am not one who would take well being schooled by some 12 year old, so I do not do online games, but have since played Skyrim, Fallout-New Vegas and Fallout 4.   I picked up a Playstation for Fallout 4.   Both of the fallouts, especially New Vegas, have a western feel to them.   But Red Dead Redemption has been a lot of fun.   I am still getting a feel for it.   I have avoided jail time by paying my bounty, but then I am broke and have to rob again.  Vicious circle.   The amount of detail floors me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com