Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1892

'92 Pics,,,, show em'

(1/9) > >>

Isom:
Dig out those pics of your 92's ,,,, foreign or domestic. It's all good.
Isom

Gabriel Law:
I have but one, but I love it.  It's a well worn but very clean rifle from 1894, in 44 WCF.  The barrel is octagonal and 24".   Action:  Smooth as silk.

I deleted the photobucket images:  don't know how to add new pictures from my files...any help?

https://imgur.com/a/MLAQ4

I added this from Imgur but only got a URL addy...how do I get the image to appear here?

Mike:
Winchester 1892 take down in 38WCF made 1898. Rossi 44 WCF.

Advertising:

Niederlander:

--- Quote from: Gabriel Law on March 05, 2017, 03:36:23 PM ---I have but one, but I love it.  It's a well worn but very clean rifle from 1894, in 44 WCF.  The barrel is octagonal and 24".   Action:  Smooth as silk.

--- End quote ---
That's my favorite!  Putting one together just like it.  I got mine as a very badly done conversion to .44 Special.  Will be back to .44 W.C.F. as soon as I can get a barrel.

treebeard:

--- Quote from: Isom on March 01, 2017, 02:03:19 PM ---Dig out those pics of your 92's ,,,, foreign or domestic. It's all good.
Isom

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Gabriel Law on March 05, 2017, 03:36:23 PM ---I have but one, but I love it.  It's a well worn but very clean rifle from 1894, in 44 WCF.  The barrel is octagonal and 24".   Action:  Smooth as silk.

Have a 24 inch round barrel that is one of my top two favorite 1892's. Similar too this but not quite as good exterior. It came to me with so much rust and debris that the action would not open. Performed total strip down and cleaning and it now works as designed . Bore was hopeless so I had Hoyt rebore from 38-40 to 44-40 and the accuracy is excellent. I would post picture but can get picture into additional option area but not post from there. By the way my round barrel was made in 1892. The guy I got it from said his grandfather had used it for wolf/ coyote control in west Kansas.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version