Author Topic: Truck Gun Safe Ideas  (Read 30137 times)

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Truck Gun Safe Ideas
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 01:30:01 PM »
Do you have a link to the maker?
LG
'Hav'n you along-Is like loose'n 2 good men'

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 03:37:21 PM »
WM, I see that your post is still as usefull as always ::) ;)

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »
 ;)

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 10:39:50 PM »

Offline Fairshake

• Shooter of the HOLY BLACK
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 07:55:10 AM »
I will say one thing to the OP. As a former police officer of many years we would always receive calls from out of states who were traveling through and had guns stolen. Most all old time thieves look first for cars with out of state tags. The reason is that you most likely will not return for court even if they are caught and the charges are dropped. They also look for any decals like NRA, SASS, S&W, COLT and so on. They know that vehicle is most likely carring a gun. If you carry your guns and stay at any motels or such then bring them inside to your room. When I was using a uniform car to go to out of state schools, I always brought mine in. My good buddy and fellow SWAT member did not and his car was hit. They got a full auto M-16, 870 shotgun, gun belt and issue 686 plus his own back up 380. It would have taken less than 10 minutes to put them in the room. They were in the truck and it was pried with a crow bar or like tool.
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 10:37:24 AM »
I agree with you 110% about those "steal-from-me" decals. Don't have anything like that on any of our cars/trucks and never will ;)
Cheers,
LG

Offline Gaphec

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 04:50:47 AM »
I take it this truck has the "split" seat, with both sides adjustable and a fold up or down center arm rest??

My Chevy work truck is so equipped and I hide my laptop bag behind the seat and set my daily newspaper over it.

Lots of room to mount one of these GaunVault Best Car Gun Safes , with controls pointing up, in the same area. a simple reach behind would open the safe and provide a place to put it or use it if needed!.

A coat in cold weather and a newspaper in hot would be simple camoflage! as an added bonus you might be able to mount a steel plate to the outside of the cab, sandwiching the cab between it and the safe making removal by vandals even harder.

Just a thought to feed ideas for you. There are a lot of useful videos on this topic on Youtube. I'll leave one here for general information, I hope this helps someone.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2019, 02:59:05 PM »
I put a under the front seat steel pistol vault in my Tj. It uses the seat?s screws to bolt it to the truck. Holds my edc fine if I have to go somewhere where I can?t carry. When you put half or soft doors on or remove your top you?ve got to have a secure place.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com