Author Topic: The Winchester 1876 Membership Roster  (Read 291146 times)

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: The Winchester 1876 Membership Roster
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »
hello gentlemen,sign me up please.i just got my uberti 76 from taylor and i love it.its a 45-60,beautiful gun

Welcome mrbig6045!  And congratulations on your new 76! :)  Let us know how she shoots. ;D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline Don Berry

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 01:08:21 PM »
Add me to the roster.  Got my 1876 from Taylor Arms a few weeks ago. Beautiful  looking rifle.
Got it in 45-60 with a 28 inch barrel.  Haven't got to shoot it yet. looking for ammo and Components.
03/04/08: finally got the shoot the 45-60, boy is it nice. Still need to shoot it a lot more to smooth up the action.
this a great handling and shooting rifle. Will hopefully get to shoot it off a rest and get a few pictures up here of it and groups.

Offline Doc O

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 05:55:18 PM »
Sign me up . I've got the 45-60 28" barrel. Love shooten it and it shoots darn good. Doc O

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 03:32:45 PM »

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
Welcome Don and Doc! :)  I have added you boys to the posse.  Keep us posted on your adventures with the 1876! ;D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
GAF

Offline Zip Wyatt

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2008, 10:43:11 AM »
Please sign me up as a member.  I own an original RCMP and an original Holland & Holland marked and worked on 50-95.  Unfortunately I haven't fired either one - to darn valuable - but I'm saving for a replica.

Zip
So what else is on your mind besides hundred-proof women, 'n' ninety-proof whiskey, 'n' fourteen-carat gold?

Offline Sureshot

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
Count me in. :)
 I have had a Uberti 1876 in 45-60 for about 18 months now. It's a lot of fun to shoot and very accurate too.  ;D
Steve

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 09:47:24 PM »
Please sign me up as a member.  I own an original RCMP and an original Holland & Holland marked and worked on 50-95.  Unfortunately I haven't fired either one - to darn valuable - but I'm saving for a replica.

Zip

Welcome to the posse, Zip!  We are sure hoping you can post some pics of those originals on this thread. ;)

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,18745.0.html
GAF

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 09:49:06 PM »
Count me in. :)
 I have had a Uberti 1876 in 45-60 for about 18 months now. It's a lot of fun to shoot and very accurate too.  ;D
Steve

Welcome Sureshot!  Be sure a put up a range report when ya can and share any info you can about the loads your using. :)
GAF

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
Just ordered one from Taylor's today.  45-60 28" barrel Ought to be here by the end of next week. It's only money right?...... ::)
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Will Penny

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
Just ordered one from Taylor's today.  45-60 28" barrel Ought to be here by the end of next week. It's only money right?...... ::)

Only Money??  You didn't spend the chicken feed money? ::) ;D
Will Penny

Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
Admit Nothing, deny everything

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »

Welcome to the fire, Roosterman! :)  Your gonna enjoy that new 76.  Of course we will expect a range report and pics! ;D
GAF

Offline Joe Lansing

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »
    Please sign me up. I'm having a grand time reading all of these '76 Posts.

Offline Dirty Brass

• Ol' Ter-Bear
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live life to the fullest!
    • TLC Guns & Ammo Inc
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
I gotta tell something here. When I was a lad in early high school (yup - mid-60's...no...not 1860's) My grandad had an original '76 hanging in the sportsmans bar he had, and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. It was a 45/75, and everyone pretty much talked about how sad it was no ammo was available - it might be fun to shoot. It weighed a ton! ( as I remember it back then) I have no idea where it is now, 40 years later.

Now, I have a couple of these Uberti's, and to be honest, even without shooting them (which isn't happening), I'd still never part with 'em. Beautiful guns and a part of history every little kid would love to have at some point in life! I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!

Offline One Eyed Black Jack

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
Please add me to your list. I Am the proud owner of a Uberti 76 in 45-60.
One Eyed Black Jack

Offline Col K

• Col K
  • Citizen
  • Just a retired Old Soldier
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2008, 07:45:21 AM »
I picked up a Uberti 45-60 on 22 MAR 08 just because I picked it up and fell in love with it.  I've never been to a cowboy shoot or even know if there's a place for an 1876 to compete, but I'll worry about that later.  I spent the weekend cutting down 45-70 brass and my dies come in today.  Can I still join and dip into the "info barrel" here?  After looking over what data I can find, it appears the first thing I'll have to do is find a readily available cast bullet that will meet COAL requirements.  If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.  I think I'd eventually like to try some black powder shooting but to be honest, I like shooting a lot better than I like cleaning.

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »
Welcome Joe Lansing, Black Jack and Col K.  This is a great forum with a lot of very interesting information.  If you have any questions, just ask. 

Adios,
Buck

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »
Welcome Joe Lansing, Black Jack and Col K.  This is a great forum with a lot of very interesting information.  If you have any questions, just ask. 

Adios,
Buck

Welcome to the fire fellas!  Got your names added to the posse roster! ;D
GAF

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »
Welcome to the fire, Backstrap Bill! :)
GAF

Offline Dakota Dan from OZ

• Top Active Citizen
  • The Legend Lives On
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »

Grizzly Adams Hi.

I have just pick mine up,its made by Uberti in 45-60 there are a few getting around down here now and we all are busy trimming back 45-70 cases. Our local case maker Bruce Bertram from Bertram Brass told me yesterday he should have 45-60 cases made in a couple of weeks as he has a large order for the US.

Looking forward to taking mine out to the range a putting a few rounds through it. :)

Dakota  8)

My Pa once said "Son never take a knife to Gun Fight"  He told the truth.
SASS# 28875
SASS State Governor
SASA  Aust #2715
SASA State Discipline Chairman
RATS 239
PWDFR 146
GSC 001

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »

Grizzly Adams Hi.

I have just pick mine up,its made by Uberti in 45-60 there are a few getting around down here now and we all are busy trimming back 45-70 cases. Our local case maker Bruce Bertram from Bertram Brass told me yesterday he should have 45-60 cases made in a couple of weeks as he has a large order for the US.

Looking forward to taking mine out to the range a putting a few rounds through it. :)

Dakota  8)

Welcome to the posse, Dakota Dan!  Congratulations on your new rifle.  Your going to love the  45-60. :)

Glad to hear that Bertram is gearing up to produce more brass for folks at both ends to the earth. ;)

I have added you to the list of this distinguished group of gentlemen. ;D
GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com