Author Topic: Marching closer to Spring,Cawfee,Tea and Grumpy Coosie's cooking.  (Read 5802 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marching closer to Spring,Cawfee,Tea and Grumpy Coosie's cooking.
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2023, 10:25:23 PM »
Grrr... >:(
 a FedEx email scam was going around that claims to be a "package delivery notification" from the company, which said, "Your package is held in our warehouse."
The scam was being sent around, got two today and have seen several times before
particularly during gift-giving holidays.

Beware don't get scammed

I've been getting recorded phone calls about a fictional Amazon package, wanting me to respond if I DID NOT order it. I wander how the scam would work if I did respond?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2023, 09:23:38 AM »
I've been getting recorded phone calls about a fictional Amazon package, wanting me to respond if I DID NOT order it. I wander how the scam would work if I did respond?

I got that one a while back on my work phone. I figured I would play along, pressed 1 to talk to a representative. Ended up asking the guy why Amazon would be calling me from a Verizon cell phone out of Los Molinos, CA, and they didn’t take that too kindly. Horrible customer service after that  ::)

I keep getting one from an Indian guy claiming to be Medicaid claiming I’m 6 months behind on my premium payments. I am not, nor have I ever been, on Medicaid, and once again the call is coming from a Verizon cell number from Colfax, CA. Have to admire the tenacity I suppose.

Current weather in the Golden State is 31 and clear with a forecast high of 55 and rain later on. Mrs TK is going to the city today for another job interview, followed by some horse accoutrement shopping (new bit since the old one is too small now). I may get roped into that, but we’ll see.

Did a “PT hike” yesterday with my soon-to-be boss at the Forest Service. I think he was trying to get a reaction both with intensity and the remoteness of the destination. The joke ended up being on him though, since it’s a hike I used to do with the dog once a week. I showed up wearing a weight vest and toting a 357 ::) It’s a stout little hike, being 4 miles and 2500 feet of elevation gain, and I’m certainly not in the same shape I was in at 18, but I kept up with the joker.

Del, heavenly supplications from this side of The Divide.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2023, 10:22:53 AM »
Good morning folks. 47 here and wet, supposed to hit 75 today. Doc appointment this afternoon, might need to go by the store and see if they need me to help close. Cardinals lost their home opener yesterday in a WILD game. Hope you all have a great day.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Advertising

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2023, 12:46:44 PM »
Update on Rita, tumor is about the size of a fist, but has not spread beyond.  She will start immune treatment Tuesday and have another one in 3 week again, then 2 weeks after the second she will have another MRI with contrast.  If there is no improvement then they are fairly sure the standard Chemo and radiation will do it, if improved they will continue that immune treatment with the lesser side affects.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2023, 04:17:46 PM »
Del, you guys are staying in our prayers here!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2023, 05:02:11 PM »
I'll keep praying, Del.

Was called into verk early because of systems being down. Had thunderstorms early this morning. The main network switch went down and doesn't want to power up, maybe because of the storms. Vendor is sending replacement parts. Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow so things will be back to normal before Monday AM.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com