Author Topic: February Cawfee,Tea and 28 mondays in a row.  (Read 6663 times)

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4868
Re: February Cawfee,Tea and 28 mondays in a row.
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2023, 09:37:01 AM »
Morning All! Slim, you stay warm today, TK praying the job will come through and Major take it easy on the back. 55 here now with rain and dropping temps. Gonna drop to 29 today then cold for a couple more days then the 60s again. Anyhoo, off today, then working full days the next two at the gun store. Neighbor is coming over around lunch time so I can help him work on a 45.
Well, anyway, yall be good today.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2023, 12:09:37 PM »

I pray I'm on the mend and worst is behind.

Sorry, I laughed on that one, so glad I had that surgery, all that stuff has been gone.

Get the day off, no one is forcing me to go anywhere today, not sure how much, don't care.  Wife and I decided if they need the kid at her work bad enough they can figure out how not us.  A friend is one of the managers at a restaurant, they begged him to come in on day off and now he has a wrecked car.  Going to cancel my Tomorrow Dr appointment and Rita is likely to do the same for work.  John came by and did our steps and Rita gave him some extra and he'll come back later and do the rest, he can go help people who want to go somewhere first.  Could get out of the driveway but not much else.

Opened the back door, Riley went out, turned around and looked at me with sad eyes, told him to go pee, he ran behind the garage, likely did and came back on the run, him and little cat are on the couch, raised a sissy Lab and don't care. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2023, 07:10:21 PM »
I got through the day, on just two Tylenol.  :)  thanks for the best wishes  :)
  The shot the Doc gave me was the BOMB ! abating the pain wise,
side effect = I could get shingles like blisters on the area around the injection site.
So far, nothing is a popping, maybe 2 or three days to go  :-\
 I had the Shingles shot a few years ago and that may prevent the side effect.

Off tomorrow, back in Sat & Sun.

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 09:41:08 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2023, 08:25:21 PM »
We had 11 inches total, not bad for us.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2023, 11:29:40 PM »
Evening all.

Pleasant day in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest. High of 52, scattered clouds, light breeze.

Had a relatively productive day as well. Took some bigger things to the dump for my parents (an old washing machine, and broken treadmill and an entertainment center that met an untimely demise during repositioning), stopped by the forest service offices in town just for say hi (turns out the only one there was the top boss that I’ll be under), and a fishing excursion. Mrs TK caught her first trout, which was a nice 13” rainbow. I landed three, only one of which was kept due to the hook tearing its gills.

Regarding my recovery effort, things seem to be looking up. I took the dog for a 3 mile walk up and down a decent hill and only experienced minor discomfort. Still painful if I lean too far to one side, but mostly functional otherwise.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2023, 07:23:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

3" of fresh white on the ground.

'Tis -2 and partly cloudy. High of 26.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2023, 08:15:10 AM »
S TK, did you get the job?
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2023, 11:06:50 AM »
I fell out of bed at 4:30, not happened in 60 years, was running to school because I was late, stopped to light a cigar and fell off a cliff, between that and falling over with the groceries the night before has me sore. Not doing much today, wife has sty in eye and called off work.  Was going to run the kid to school, must have got the Jeep car thing over the snow plow hump. Made sourdough whole wheat yesterday in my new pan/stovetop DO.  Ordered it off A zon, popped up in a ad for cheap, wanted to see if a preseason China pot that was not polished was as bad as all the Flat Earthers and No Soapers say.  Nope, washed it and gave it a spray of Olive juice and the bread dropped out, second loaf so another myth busted.  Learned yesterday that soaking cast iron in vinegar to remove rust for more than 30 minutes will soften it.  LOL, damn fool yuppies and their myths.

BTW really don't feel bad about the oven, USA made Lodge costs twice as much and uses pig iron bought from China and they company has several other sins.  Oh and they enamel coated stuff is straight China.   And a true American made one was about 5 times as much aka old one someone restored or says they did.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2023, 09:38:24 AM »
32 here, I guess the early risers stayed in bed or took the day off. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2023, 10:26:14 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.
32 here, I guess the early risers stayed in bed or took the day off. ::)
That's me. Only day of the week I can sleep in. ;D

'Tis 27 and sunny. High of 39.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 124
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2023, 10:53:18 AM »
Lately I haven't gone to bed until 1:30- 2:00 in the morning, So I'm usually sleeping in. Nothing to do here in winter so no time really wasted.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2023, 11:31:23 AM »
S TK, did you get the job?

Indeed I did. Just waiting on some HR paperwork to come via electronic carrier pigeon to finalize. Should get that next week sometime.

We spent the night in Elko, NV last night. Current conditions in said town are blue skies and 0 degrees. But dry enough that there’s no frost on the windshield, so I guess you have to take what you can get sometimes. Should make it home tonight.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2023, 01:29:57 PM »
Indeed I did. Just waiting on some HR paperwork to come via electronic carrier pigeon to finalize. Should get that next week sometime

Congratulations! Wish you the best in your new position. Do you know where you will be stationed?
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2023, 06:26:53 PM »
Indeed I did. Just waiting on some HR paperwork to come via electronic carrier pigeon to finalize. Should get that next week sometime.

We spent the night in Elko, NV last night. Current conditions in said town are blue skies and 0 degrees. But dry enough that there’s no frost on the windshield, so I guess you have to take what you can get sometimes. Should make it home tonight.

—TK
Congrats! I hope it will turn out to be one you love.
Up to the 50s today and clear. Man, the shop was BUSY today. There was a gun show the next town over, so we didn't know if we would see many folks, but evidently it wasn't a very good show, according to our customers who had been there. Temps are supposed to be good this week with rain, but I will take it.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2023, 06:27:56 PM »
Indeed I did. Just waiting on some HR paperwork to come via electronic carrier pigeon to finalize. Should get that next week sometime

Congratulations! Wish you the best in your new position. Do you know where you will be stationed?

Thanks. I’ll be stationed in my hometown of Weaverville, CA.

—TK

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2023, 07:04:35 AM »
Outstanding Kid.... going home, very cool  :) 

Working again today, I have to cover additional days, because the other Curator gave his notice.
 He is taking over an ACW Museum directors' position in Mississippi.
 The announcement was rather abrupt.   :(
Since there is or was just him, our director and me, We will have to use our Volunteers, in the short term.
The 48 continuous hours of operation required his 40 hours, my 16 and the directors 32 hours weekly.

I'm hoping, I will get back to my normal 16 operational hours quickly.  :-X

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2023, 07:32:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are hot.

Congrats, TK.

Took the Windicator to the backyard, yesterday. Shoot .38 Spl, .38 Spl +P+, and .357 Mag loads at some cans and moldy squash. I'll be carrying it will the .38 Spl +P+ loads.

Going to church in a bit.

'Tis 25 and sunny. High of 42.

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2023, 08:05:33 AM »
Good morning all! Getting ready for Church here too. 41 right now, supposed to hit 62 today and be in the 60s and 70s the rest of the week. Will be a little damp late in the week, but can deal with that.
Some family coming in from AL today to spend the night, then they gotta leave out early tomorrow for an Orthodontist's appointment for one of my g'nieces. It will be good to see them, even for one evening. And one of my Nephews HS Basketball team won the SE Christian School Invitational!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2023, 01:11:23 PM »
Morning all.

32 and actively snowing in Missoula. Supposed to get several inches out of this storm.

The final portion of the drive last night, from Idaho Falls to Missoula was somewhat uncomfortable. Lots of glaze ice. I-90 between Drummond and Clinton was really bad, to the point we were doing 25 or less in places, and cars off the side everywhere. The eastbound lane was totally blocked by a trio of semis all tangled up across both lanes (and both shoulders, and most of the center divider). But we emerged unscathed on the other side around midnight.

Also of note for those who partake in the Electronic Pony Express system known as Instagram, Mrs. TK started a page devoted to her horse training endeavor, most photography done by Yours Truly. It’s called JPZillion_training, should you feel inclined to look.

—TK

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2023, 02:41:11 PM »
Yesterday was BUSY, LOTS of guests,  and today is following in step, though not quite...

Now @ 3:30 it has slowed considerably, just 12 folks in place as of now....

Off tomorrow & Tuesday, and back Wednesday....

Weather wise we will see 89 on Friday and low 90's for the weekend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com