Author Topic: Problem with light primer strikes with new Cimarron 2x2  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Logan

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Problem with light primer strikes with new Cimarron 2x2
« on: November 02, 2014, 05:17:58 PM »
I'm having consistent light primer strikes with my new Cimarron 1887 double hammer 2x2.  The left barrel is not firing.  I measured the firing pins and they are the same length.  When pushed forward, the left firing pin extends through the face of the frame about .008" to .010" less than the right firing pin. There is no way to extend the firing pin further.  The hammer springs have not been modified and are very strong.

The alternatives that I see are go get/make a longer firing pin or make the firing pin well a little deeper.  The problem with routing out the firing pin well is the chance of marring the threads for the firing pin retaining nut. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Logan

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Problem with light primer strikes with new Cimarron 2x2
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »
Look real hard at the compressed length of the firing pin rebound spring and the shoulder on the firing pin.

Coffinmaker

Offline rickk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Could there be some "junk" left over from the manufacturing process living in the firing pin recess?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:44:29 AM »

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 02:07:33 PM »
If it's new Cimarron why not let them fix it? I'm pretty sure if you screw it up they are less likely to fix it under warranty than if you let them take care of it.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »
OOPS.  After so many years working in CAS guns I immediately think about how to fix em.  If it's a new gun from Cimarron, it has a warranty and Cimarron is quite good at keeping customers happy.  Yep, I'd contact Cimarron and arrange to return it for repair.  Those hammer doubles are hell for stout and are the best dollar value for a CAS mule ear on the market.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com