Author Topic: New to this and I have a couple questions  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Eric E

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New to this and I have a couple questions
« on: February 24, 2007, 05:37:02 PM »
Hello all,

I am getting really interested in the sport in general.

The first question may seem a bit wimpy.  :-[  I have not done a lot of shooting with handguns, and am not sure about the recoil. The only thing I have really shot, is a 9mm semi-auto and am not sure how that compares to a .357/.38 special or a .45 Colt single action. I'm looking at this for 2 reasons, one for my own comfort and I think I would like to get my wife involved and I would like to have something that would not intimidate her to much.

Secondly, I really like the 1858 Remingtons, but was wondering about the conversion cylinders. Is there anything to be looking for regarding the manufactures of the different cylinders. And, if later I decided to do a conversion, is the notch for a loading gate something anyone can do, or at least something you could have done by a local gunsmith. ???

Thanks

Eric E

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to this and I have a couple questions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:52:01 PM »
Most factory loaded CAS ammo is not a full powered load in the calibers it's in. .38 would be a good choice to start with, especially if you're recoil shy. As far as the conversion's in the '58 Rems., those are all in .45 ,I do believe. Best to find a club in your area and go to a few matches and let them know you're interested in startting up. Most will let you try their guns to give you an idea of what you like/don't like before buying any hardware.......Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com