Author Topic: Chuckwagon  (Read 1289 times)

Offline jthbjr

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Chuckwagon
« on: May 12, 2021, 01:18:24 PM »
This week's edition of the "Livestock Weekly" has a classified ad for a Newton chuckwagon with cooking equipment and harnesses included. For sale by Paul Hudman 325-895-5123; $15000. I don't know him. It's not my wagon. I don't know what the price should be.
I just thought someone in this unique group might have an interest. I also figured that I might be the only list member who gets that particular paper. From the phone number he is out in west Texas. Probably in Bronte in Coke County (which is locally pronounced Bront).
The Livestock Weekly is published in San Angelo, Texas. I only read two newspapers - Mason County News and Livestock Weekly. Helps with my attitude.
John in beautiful and unseasonably cool Art, Texas

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: Chuckwagon
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 02:26:09 PM »
If you have a wagon, here's a Chuck Box to add. Or Hansen will sell you a wagon, too. They advertise conversions to Chuck Wagon.

https://www.hansenwheel.com/historic-chuck-box-basic/
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 05:32:15 PM »
This week's edition of the "Livestock Weekly" has a classified ad for a Newton chuckwagon with cooking equipment and harnesses included. For sale by Paul Hudman 325-895-5123; $15000. I don't know him. It's not my wagon. I don't know what the price should be.
I just thought someone in this unique group might have an interest. I also figured that I might be the only list member who gets that particular paper. From the phone number he is out in west Texas. Probably in Bronte in Clay County (which is locally pronounced Bront).
The Livestock Weekly is published in San Angelo, Texas. I only read two newspapers - Mason County News and Livestock Weekly. Helps with my attitude.
John in beautiful and unseasonably cool Art, Texas

If it's set up and ready to go like Norton's it's a good price.   If it's has a documented history way back it's a way good price, Norton's was built off a freight wagon in the 70's but was fully equipped.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:43:34 PM »

Offline jthbjr

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 01:08:56 PM »
i just checked the Livestock Weekly website and you can view the Classified ads without a subscription. There is a photo of the wagon. If anyone is interested you can look at the ad. The classified ads also have a bunch of cowboy and ranching stuff most weeks.
John in Beautiful Art Texas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com