Author Topic: Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm in Kearney Missouri  (Read 17870 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm in Kearney Missouri
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
This is not a SASS/NCOWS shoot, but it is loads of fun.    This is a fund raiser for the Friends of the James Farm, a not-for profit group who is working to promote the farm.    I know it is in Missouri, be we welcome all Kansas residents too!   ;D

We do three shoots a year.  This year they are April 11, June 20 and September 12.  Round count is ~42.  

Offline olered

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pistol Shoot at Jesse James Farm in Kearney Missouri
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »
Sounds like a good time and a good cause. If you would not be ashamed of having some old cowboys from central Illinois I might be able to round up a posse for June or September. How many shooters do you usually have? Pistol only or other classes too?

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
Pistol only (fixed sights as well).   For guys we have Cap and Ball category and single action.   We are doing the same this year for the ladies.   We have had anywhere from ~15 to mid 30s on the shooters.   i would say it is weather dependent, but it doesn't really deter the die hards.   One of the best shoots was cancelled mid way through.  Big storm blew through, some ran to their cars and left.  Some of us ran to the porch on Zerelda's house.  We sat their drank coffee, swapped lies, all in mostly period clothing.  It was kind of surreal.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:12:33 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com