Author Topic: '51 RM Gunsmith??  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Outrider #72622

• Back in the good old U.S. of A.!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
'51 RM Gunsmith??
« on: December 30, 2006, 03:19:18 AM »
I'm getting ready to get a couple '51 RM conversions.  They will be my primary shooters along with my '66 Trapper Carbine.  I have been looking for a gunsmith to slick'em up with no luck.  Anybody know of good one who works on the conversions?  I see a lot tha work on Colt & Colt clones but just wanted some other opinions.  Thanks!
DIRTY RATS
LASSOOS

Offline Tame Bill

• Top Active Citizen
    • Tame Bill
  • SASS #: 30699
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: '51 RM Gunsmith??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:27:21 AM »
Outrider:

I shoot Frontier Cartridge Duelist and own several pair of '51 R-M Conversions and a pair of Open Tops all tuned by Bob Munden.  Mind you, Bob does not like working on these guns due to the added time required to time them.  The bolt is hidden from view due to the concave frame design of these revolvers.   That being said I recommend that you speak with Bob directly as he can be persuaded to tune your '51 R-M revolvers.  All of mine have the Option 1 tuning plus the forcing cones cut and polished. I have well over 10,000 plus rounds through my main match Cimarron ’51 R-M conversions without a single problem. My Open Tops have about the same number of trouble free rounds.  My only disappointment is that Bob is not currently offering his excellent custom grips. My main match ’51 R-Ms have them and I would like to similarly stock my 2nd generation Colt ’51 Navy Cap & Ball match revolvers.  To contact Bob http://www.bob-munden.com
I never, in my life, took any mean advantage of an enemy, but I never allowed a man to get the drop on me either.
http://www.tamebill.com/

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:01:47 AM »
Outrider,

Where are you located.  Physically I mean.  I'll be more than happy to recommend somebody close.  Most of "us" who build and work on CAS guns can take care of OT's and Conversions.  Some of them are a nuisance, but very do-able.  I don't work by mail, but would be more than happy to make a recommendation.

Coffinmaker

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:48:22 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com