Author Topic: How Have You Stayed Busy Under Quarrantine?  (Read 3441 times)

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
How Have You Stayed Busy Under Quarrantine?
« on: March 20, 2020, 10:13:47 PM »

Well, now that the first horseman of the apocalypse is nigh, I've had some extra time on my hands and decided to stay busy any way I can.

So I've had a little down time like everyone else and decided to do some artwork.

Here are some 1850-60's era Publishers Notes that I did in regards to a book I am working on. Think of it as a Boy Scout Manual for the Frontiersman. It is based on 30-years in the outdoors practicing primitive skills that are historically documented.
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How Have You Stayed Busy Under Quarrantine?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 06:55:54 AM »
i shoot Cowboy Action so i had about 1000 pieces of brass that needed loading...38-40, 38spl, 45 cowboy special....then i had a bunch of rifle brass...45-60, 45-70, 38-55, 32-20, 30-30 and 6.5CM

loaded all of it over a three day period.

then i took all my CAS firearms apart, cleaned everything, lubed and reassembled.

put a new recoil spring in my trap 11-87

reinstalled the lever lock in my 1873. i was constantly shooting it out of battery.

not sure what i'll do next week. maybe i'll pull the pistons out of my truck, wash them, and put them back..... ;D
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 08:44:04 AM »
also loading  30/40 ....and 30 Brit. 308 and 30-06

then move on to 41 Swiss ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:32:20 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »

:o  So far, not much beyond running like hell for home.  We were on annual Mouse Safari and then DISNEY up and closed.  We elected to run for home rather than perhaps get trapped in Florida.

As a side note, we had never, ever, seen so many Ontario and Quebec license plates also running for home.  Apparently, the Canucks notified their folks to come home before we closed the Border and they were trapped.  If it hadn't been for the Canadians we would have been almost alone on the Freeways.

I'll start reloading for CAS this coming week.  Hoping at some point we will again have CAS this season.   :P

Everybody stay well out there.   ;)

Offline Gus Walker

• Top Active Citizen
  • The sunny slopes of long ago.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 11:29:08 AM »
 ;D  Well im busier than ever...The paper mill is considered exempt from shutdown since it makes food and med packaging,,,Our trucks are running hard to keep up.....gotta get them trailers in and out of the mill ya know....
Aye its been quite a ride aint it?

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 12:35:31 PM »
;D  Well im busier than ever...The paper mill is considered exempt from shutdown since it makes food and med packaging,,,Our trucks are running hard to keep up.....gotta get them trailers in and out of the mill ya know....

It's good to hear others are still able to work out there and you are providing a good service. I'm a freelance copywriter but so many people are off work, I needed to do something in lieu of having business calls.  I now spend half of the day talking to myself like a crazy man.

-Dave

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 12:48:34 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/20/adult-entertainers-who-rely-packed-crowds-human-touch-and-cold-hard-cash-coronavirus-challenges-thei/2890402001/

A very sad turn of events for this sector of the American business scene . . . .

In particular I applaud the "Corona Virus-Free Lap Dances".

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 03:16:56 PM »

:D  Forgot to include earlier   :)

Spending lots more quality time Rubbin on my Dog.

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 04:38:02 PM »
:o  So far, not much beyond running like hell for home.  We were on annual Mouse Safari and then DISNEY up and closed.  We elected to run for home rather than perhaps get trapped in Florida.

As a side note, we had never, ever, seen so many Ontario and Quebec license plates also running for home.  Apparently, the Canucks notified their folks to come home before we closed the Border and they were trapped.  If it hadn't been for the Canadians we would have been almost alone on the Freeways.

I'll start reloading for CAS this coming week.  Hoping at some point we will again have CAS this season.   :P

Everybody stay well out there.   ;)

I imagine it will be the same for Western Canadians, except it will be Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan plates evacuating from Arizona.  Mesa, AZ is where most western Canucks spend the winter.

Just got an email advising that one of the black powder clubs in Alberta have cancelled their shoots this spring and summer until further notice.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 08:43:27 PM »
Just got notice KC goes shelter in place on Tuesday for 30 days.   Will need to find something to keep me busy.  Leather work beacons

Offline Lord Eoin MacKenzie

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 11:38:19 PM »
I'll learning to reload 12/20ga shotgun shells.  My gunsmith finally got the last parts and tested my Remington  humpback autoloader.   Good for Zoot shooting and home defense.
I still have a few firearms that detail cleaning,  thank goodness for Ballistol.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 12:57:16 AM »
Just got notice KC goes shelter in place on Tuesday for 30 days.   Will need to find something to keep me busy.  Leather work beacons

Just the city, or the whole state, Mo?

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 06:26:45 AM »
Just Jackson county in Missouri and any KC Mo not in the county and in Kansas, Johnson and Wyandotte counties, pretty much all of Kansas City and the majority of its suburbs.   Still waiting to hear if what I do is on the exemption list (contract research with lots of governement and health related projects.).   

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 04:48:26 PM »
Quite frankly, not much of a change for me. I cast all my own lead, make bullet lube, have been making paper cartridges for everything from a 49 Pocket to a Walker, finally got around to loading black powder in a 32 S&W for a couple of old S&W top-breaks I have, loading 38LC with heel bullets and staying on top of the many calibers I shoot in Cowboy matches, etc. In retirement now I absolutely LOVE having the time to do all this. I feel blessed every day and laugh just a little bit at all the responses I see on the news to what people are trying to do with their time.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 07:58:26 PM »
The Postal Service never stops, so I'm still at it most days. And when I'm off, and the weather's decent, since I live on a farm I'm still busy outside anyway. No church services, though, so today was mostly a reloading day(raining all day).

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 08:04:43 PM »
Completed the 308 , moving on to the 303 Brit I stared, cases are sized I'll flare & prime tomorrow.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 08:36:23 PM »
I am going crazy, but Coffinmaker convinced me I need to anneal cases, so I have been thru a couple hundred .44 Colt, and 500 .45 S&W.  We have the grandkids to home school the next 2 weeks.  I am spending quality time with a 7 yr old with ADHD or what ever with about a 170 IQ.  He is busy.  I wish I could interest him in something besides Spiderman.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »

Not sure what I was thinking when I told the Tree Guy to leave the big pieces!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 04:50:20 PM »
Well, we got listed as essential services, so i am still going in for now.   I am one of the lucky ones. 

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »

Not sure what I was thinking when I told the Tree Guy to leave the big pieces!

Well, your firewood supply is solved for a while.

-Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com