Author Topic: Suomi M31  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Suomi M31
« on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:53 AM »
Just before the panic, I purchased one one of the last Suomi M31s from J&G sales. I could possibly use it in Zoot shooting, maybe in a side match, but i really wanted it for my collection.  It's a nice heavy gun, maybe the world's heaviest 9mm carbine! I have not fired it yet.  I've been intrigued with the Suomi since reading the Martin Beck mystery The Laughing Policeman. I'll try to upload some pics.

http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Suomi M31
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
The Suomi has been in use as a main match long gun from the very beginning of Zoot Shooting.  Shooters have had varying degrees of success with this gun but we have had several appear and disappear from the range over the years.  I think it’s just like any other firearm new to the game, it's had some teething problems but people around here have learned to shot them well after learning their idiosyncrasies
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
I know the semi auto Suomi had some problems when it was introduced in 2009.  I hope these have been corrected by now.  I'm still a Thompson lover but this one might be fun to try.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:42:33 PM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »
Looks like a lot of fun! Get yourself a furry "mad bomber" cap and you will be good to go Tovarisch!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline HKUriah

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »
Saw one of these at a store in NH the other day, really interesting, and REALLY heavy.  Almost bought it, but restrained myself.  Don't wanna be forced to get a pistol to pair with it.  (Although, I could use the Luger...)

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
Saw one of these at a store in NH the other day, really interesting, and REALLY heavy.  Almost bought it, but restrained myself.  Don't wanna be forced to get a pistol to pair with it.  (Although, I could use the Luger...)

That's as good a reason as any to get a Luger ;D  I like the Suomi, I've test fired it, and both stick mags and one of the drums work well.  The other drum needs to be testfired, It just arrived.  My only objection is the rather heavy trigger pull, but I really bought this gun for may collection, not competition.  All in all I prefer the Thompson for Zoot shooting.  I would use the Suomi in a side match or maybe in a main match just for the heck of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com