Author Topic: Steve's Gunz video  (Read 3145 times)

1860Henry

Steve's Gunz video
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:35:03 AM »
I just wanted to post a quick review of Steve Young's video on slicking up the '92. I used the information Steve presented to successfully slick up my .44WCF 1892 Rossi carbine.  Before this was done, the carbine had a very rough action and damaged my brass cases.
The only thing I regretted about the work that I did was cutting off the magazine spring too short.  I should have gone with the minimum amount Steve recommended, then worked my was to the maximum.  Be cautious if you decide to cut off the spring as mine didn't feed the last round with the shortened spring.  Luckily, I had a temporary loaner spring (which had not be cut down) to make sure the action job worked well. I now have a new magazine spring on order from Steve.

In my opinion, the video was money very well spent.  I now have a carbine that is a pleasure to shoot and one that I will actually use (instead of collecting dust on my gun rack).

Offline cazio

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Steve's Gunz video
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »
I can't say enough good things about his video as well, I used it to slick up a new old stock Rossi 45 and couldn't be happier. I didn't cut the magazine spring down as it is a 20" and was just about three cartridge lengths already as he recommends, after I get out to the range I may take two or three coils off of the hammer spring but want to try it out first. Mine is so much slicker now.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
A mag spring that has been cut too short can be stretched to give it enough tension to work, at least until you can replace it.  I used one for quite a while that way.

I haven't had a '92 for a dozen years or more, but yeah Steve's expertise on these guns is well known and plenty of folks have benefited from the dvd.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:40:21 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com