Author Topic: RWS 1075s  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
RWS 1075s
« on: April 13, 2021, 01:54:46 PM »
Buffalo arms has RWS 1075s in stock.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
Re: RWS 1075s
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »
Just ordered a brick of 1,000 a couple of days ago. $140.00 + shipping

Looked today and appears they are no longer in stock . . .

They now show in stock.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 02:52:53 PM »
Yeah, I got an email alert a little while ago and ordered a brick myself.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:58:49 AM »

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »
They only fit about 5 of the 16 C&Bs that I own. They are less forgiving of nipple size. When they fit they fit snugly. Another 3rd of my guns will take the CCI#11s. Same thing: they are less forgiving of nipple size & shape. ALL of my 16 (or so) C&Bs will take the Remington #10s (plus sometimes either the CCI 11s or the RWS 1075s).
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 08:54:21 PM »
I have three new Ted Cash inline cappers and none of my Remington #10's would fit. These are the "40% Hotter" ones.
I ordered the RWS 1075's in hopes that they'll fit in the cappers.

At our shoot Sunday last, I had trouble getting Remington#11's to ignite on my 1851 Navy. I'm going to try putting the original hammer spring back in my 1851. I have Treso nipples installed, and they all should have gone bang. I'm guessing the lighter spring did not slam them hard enough.

The new Lyman Remington Navy performed very well, but not enough oomph! to down reactive targets using APP. I will use Triple 7 in the revolvers and save the APP for the cartridges in the rifle.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 09:06:21 PM »
River City John,
You mat need to shim those Treso nipples if they are short.  You can easily make your own or buy them from McMaster Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-shims/=q5h0dh

Click:  Metric 18-8 Stainless Steel Shims for Lengthening Screw Shoulders

Shoulder diameter of the nipples is 8mm.

Get the screw size 6mm which is the nipple threaded shank size. 

Pick the thicknesses you want.)

It is easy to shim nipples. Take soft fine steel or bronze wire and coil it around a nail or screw shank about 10 times to make a spiral the diameter of the threaded shank on the nipples. Then with wire cutters snip them off and you end up with a pile of what look like lock washers. I then I take a small hammer and flatten them on the vise pounding surface or an anvil to the desired thickness. They resemble small open ended washers. Slip one onto the shank of the low nipple and screw it in. I use anti-seize lube or heavy lithium grease on the threads so I can get the nipples back out. If the nipple is too high, pound the shim flatter or find some finer wire. If it still isn't tall enough, use two shims or get a thicker piece of wire to start over with. I've done this on several guns and have had no problems with it. If you have too high of a nipple then the hammer face gets battered and may not fire the other nipples or it will get burrs on it that may lift spent caps off the nipples and drop them into the action.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 09:49:10 PM »
The hammer face is already cratering slightly.
Time for J-B Weld . . .
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 03:48:36 PM »
Just a follow-up, received the caps today, Sunday. They were left on my front stoop. Adult signature required. NO ONE in the house signed anything. Fed-Ex delivery update says signed for by "JCovert".

I would think in light of recent events that Fed-Ex would be a bit more cautious about following through on firearm related hazmat delivery procedures, rather than pandemic expediency.

Oh well. They fit into all my inline cappers perfectly, and fit all the nipples. I'll have to wait 'til I get to the range to test how well they work in live fire. 
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Drydock

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »
I've read that the "+" caps are a bit longer, like the Remington #10s, giving them a better seal/grip on the overtapered Italian cones. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com