Author Topic: ALL RIGHT PEOPLE!!  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
ALL RIGHT PEOPLE!!
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »

>:(  What Gives   :o

Things have gone rightly QUIET here in Henry Land of late.  Has everybody gone Salmon Fishing in Alaska??  (Wrong Time of Year) Or . . . . a long Winters Nap??  Somebody has to have something to share.  Drumstick Ice cream??  Snickers??  Mounds??  Something??

Stay Safe out There

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
Re: ALL RIGHT PEOPLE!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »
Well, I have 2 '66s, a 20" in .44-40 and a 24" in .45 Colt. New springs on the way in, the .45 is brand new so I need to open it up and clean out any manufacturing debris in there.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:14:29 PM »
Having 3 Henry' s I arranged one to be sold , the money was used to get a Browning 1895.
 One might say,  I fabricated sacrilege....  :-\

when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:59:35 PM »

Offline mtmarfield

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1636
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 11:32:42 PM »
      Greetings!

After finding a box of obscenely hard ( 20BHN ) Laser-Cast .427"-200gr Bullets in the garage, I broke out the Unique Powder, CCI #300 primers, and R-P, WW, and Star-Line .44-40 Brass. Charged with a relatively light 7.1grains of Unique thrown from my RCBS Little Dandy, two boxes were prepared, and accompanied the Uberti Henry and I north to The Prairie.
   Too windy for proper targets, I dropped a thick section of tree trunk, that had been rolling around the bed of the truck, at "ten rods", and proceeded to bust it up into firewood. A significant number of slugs remained in and under the splintered target; this was retrieved, and will be added to my bucket of somewhat soft range lead...

M.T.M.

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 04:56:30 AM »
I have me an early Uberti 66 rifle in 44/40 and a neat little brass carbine in 22LR
both of them have the trigger block like a '73 has - I am told the later Ubertis did not have that  ? Coffinmaker?
The 44/40 rifle was my favrit gun till I got a 76
Little 22 is my snake gun - filler up with ratshot for the wriggly's - of course being that they are native we are not allowed to harm these deadly beasts (way more worse than a rattler they are) so just fire a warning shot in the air above em and they kark it with a heart attack.
I like unpolished brass guns - dont like em shiny - gives us away to the enemy ya know......................

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 08:37:26 AM »
I had 3, 2  '66 a 44 spl and a 45 Colt.  And a Henry in 45 Colt.  I sold the 44 Spl to a friend who decided to get in CAS.  The 45 66 is one of those engraved 150th Anniversary models.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 10:40:38 AM »

:)  Ah Ha, More Like it :D

Deacon . . . . of utmost importance.  On both of your "66s.  Pull the magazine plug and spring out, and clean the dickens out of the Mag Tube.  Uberti mag tubes come from the factory with OEM Rust.  Then carefully apply an anti-seize lubricant to the plug threads.

Greyhawk . . . . your 66's with OEM trigger blocks are quite early production.  DO NOT break them.  There are NO parts available.  You are correct, the later manufacture Uberti Brass Rifles did/do not have that Trigger Block safety thingie.

Tascosa . . . . Engraved 150th Anniversary??  Would that make it a Miroku Winchester??  I really wanted one of those.  No Dinero.  Boo Hiss.

Lets Stay Safe Out There

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 01:22:16 PM »
The Engraved 150th Anniversary is a Uberti from Taylor.  I was hoping they would make plain models, but they didn't, I held out for 3 years hoping to no avail.  I knew the location of 2.  I got this one from Long Hunter in Amarillo.  I didn't have any money either, so I traded a bunch of guns I would never have time to shoot.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 02:07:49 PM »
.  I didn't have any money either, so I traded a bunch of guns I would never have time to shoot.

I resemble that  !   

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 11:00:58 PM »
Okay, what is your favorite "mud puppy" story. The gun you couldn't resist because it was just lonely, no one to love it.
I am a sucker for these little guns. The worst one happened a few years ago in a LGS where a guy was trading a sad little .32 H&R in for a brick of .22 ammo. The owner wouldn't even look at me and as the guy left just handed it over to me without even looking at me! Yeah, it's mine now.

I'm hopeless...
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 09:30:47 AM »
Ok I'll play , Henry board , but OK I'll chime in....my MUTT  :)

Beside there is some Henry DNA in the Vetterli
The Swiss Vetterli rifles combined the American Winchester Model 1866's tubular magazine with a regular bolt.

Mine came to me as a dusty over oily closet queen in rimfire ...great bones and bore but had been in the same closet since the 1960's.

A through detail cleaning of wood & metal results were stunning, I then converted it to Center fire.

It shoots modified Lebel brass and  .429  300 grain bullet with 30 grains of 3FFF BP.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
 The internals, Bore and rifling were pristine.

Aside from the bolt action, you can clearly see the Henry/Winchester influence with tube magazine , loading port  & cartridge lifter.  Royalties were paid to Winchester patent by Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft Waffen-Department (SIG)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »
We haven't had a local match for quite some time (October)?  I have been working two days a week at my friend's local gunshop since August, replenishing my deplete armory. I work for $300 a week store credit:  Mini-30, SKS Paratrooper, Churchill 12 Ga, Webley .38, Enfield ,38 Charter Undecover, S&W Models 59, 6906, and CHP 4006, Hawes SAA 22, Bauer 25, Ruger P95, Marlin 336 (1975 built) in .35 Remington with factory stickers still on the stock and Tasco 4X installed at factory, and one or two more...

My latest interest is Wild Bunch and I have a Rock Island 1911A1 and 1897 12 ga. in CA 10 jail that will be paid of Thursday
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com