Author Topic: Original Winchester 66 Transitional Model  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Original Winchester 66 Transitional Model
« on: October 31, 2020, 06:03:54 AM »
An Austrian gunsmith friend of mine obtained the original receiver of above without the sideplates.
He now intends to rebuild the missing parts and eventually build a period correct Win 66 Transitional.
There is one chatch, however.
Through me my friend asks for the help of you gunsmiths, restorers and tinkerers of historical Winchesters out there.
It is about the two screws through the right sideplate holding the steel spring cover for the loading aperture on the right side of the frame.
The big question is how is the spring cover fixed or connected with these two screws on the inside of the sideplate.
Does anybody have a drawing or can provide a high resolution picture of the inside (!) of the right sideplate of such a variant of an original Win 66 Transitional Model, please?
Thanks for your help.
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Original Winchester 66 Transitional Model
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »

:)  LJW   ;)

I don't have a sample example on had, however, the Ladle was a "stamping" and the holes for the screws were stamped in the Ladle stem.  This resulted in the Screw Holes being "puckered" to the inside and then the pucker area was threaded for the screws.

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 06:52:24 PM »
Well this doesn't answer your question.  Here's some images of a early type 1 winchester. But like coffinmaker said the ladle has a hole in the end and is screwed in, also the side plate is milled to accept the gate.
http://imgur.com/a/YEQ1GWf

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:25:33 AM »

Offline Long Johns Wolf

• Top Active Citizen
  • "Centaures will make you become addicted"
    • Belgian Colt, aka Centaure, aka Centennial Army, aka "1960 NEW MODEL ARMY"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 01:48:24 AM »
Thanks, Pards,
No pictures from the inside of the right panel?
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com