Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Marlin Lever Action Rifles

The new Marlin made by Ruger

(1/3) > >>

Buckaroo Lou:
I normally prefer the more traditional looking lever rifle, but when my LGS salesman showed me this new Marlin now made by Ruger I thought I just might need one of these, so it followed me home. I have not yet had the opportunity to take it to the range. It is the shortest and lightest 45-70 lever rifle I have ever owned. All the review videos I have watched have been very positive.

Dave T:
Not giving you a hard time (congratulations on the new rifle) but "shortest and lightest 45-70" doesn't bode well for your shoulder if you gonna do serious smokeless loads...ask me how I know about this (smile). At least it has a recoil pad.

Good luck with the new rifle,
Dave

Baltimore Ed:
Add a kick eaze pad and you’ll never know youve shot it. Had an old 1895 but it was a full sized rifle. I do like the look. I’ve got two in Boyds laminated stocks, an old salt stocked TBolt and a commercial Garand. Hoping they will eventually do a stainless 1894 in .45colt.

Advertising:

Buckaroo Lou:

--- Quote from: Dave T on July 31, 2022, 06:40:55 PM ---Not giving you a hard time (congratulations on the new rifle) but "shortest and lightest 45-70" doesn't bode well for your shoulder if you gonna do serious smokeless loads...ask me how I know about this (smile). At least it has a recoil pad.

Good luck with the new rifle,
Dave

--- End quote ---

Dave T, I have shot 45-70 for years in both Sharps and lever rifles. The lightest I have owned is the Browning SR carbine and it weighs a little over 8 pounds. I don't shoot hot loads and have never shot the Leverevolution ammo. I reload and shoot BP in my Sharps rifles and smokeless in my lever rifles. I have not shot Buffalo Bore ammo either, but may try some and also Leverevolution at some point. Unless in bear country I don't see the need for hot loads so I stick with cowboy type loads when punching paper.

Dave T:
Lou, your shoulder will appreciate you!  (smile)

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version