Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1787410 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Newbrassky
« on: September 18, 2004, 11:20:32 PM »
Enterin' this thread on the eastbound Union Pacific, Delmonico wonders if anyone will be in Kearney ta meet him.  No matter it is gettin' late, so he uses his feather piller from the Fort Sill thread and a blacket from his soogun and curls up on the train seat ta sleep till the train gets ta Kearney. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 08:44:07 PM »
When the train arrives in Kearney, Delmonico gathers his mule and gear and heads ta the livery stable.  With his mule and gear safe for the night, he heads to a hotel along main street ta put himself up fer the night.  As he gets ready ta go ta bed he makes plans for this next adventure.   ::)

He also laughs when he thinks about the scare the Indians are gonna give Slim on his return trip from his weekend visit to see his wife and 16 kids. ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 08:18:55 AM »
Delmonico gets up and decides to wander around Kearney and see the sighte till someone shows up. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:17:36 PM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 07:00:38 PM »
Just past suppertime Trinity rides into camp but finds no one there.  Most distressing is the fact that Trinity could find NO FOOD!  Surely Delmonico would have made some food for the gang, knowing that after such a long and arduous trip food would be all that they would be wanting. 

"Ah'm going to stoke  up the fahr and lay down a bit in hopes that Delmonico will arrive back soon.  I know He'll come back cuz his dutch ovens are here in his wagon!"  Ifn he aint back soon, Ah'll have to go lookin fer him.  Ah'll just wait here an stay awake..."  As soon as Trinity finished talking to himself he fell asleep.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 07:34:59 PM »
Delmonico rides inta camp and gently, with the toe of his boot, KICKS TRINITY AWAKE.

Saddle up and put yer butt in it we're goin' ta town and eat, there is a really good all you can eat fer one price Chineesee eati' house in town and they are great! ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 08:23:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D " Shooooo-whee!  Ah love me some all fer one price food!  Them Chinese-swedish meatballs is good.  Ah also love them chinese-hotdogs that is cut up an wrapped in chinese bacon!!!!  Less git a move on an Ah'll even forgit that painful rib what yah just probily broke!"

Trinity thinks...

"Ahm gonna even git us some of that chinese beer"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 10:41:06 PM »
Delmonico and Trinity settle down ta eat the all ya can eat for one price meal and discuss business.

Delmonico says ta Trinity, "I've been do'in some inquiring around here, there be some great land a little North-West a here fere a ranch, Slim al' show up in this thread tommorow and I got the land all scouted out, was up here a couple of years ago." 

"There is a river with a really cool name up there we'll settle on, but a'll wait till Slim gets here ta tell ya the name.  Besides that it'l be closer ta Wissyconsion so he won't have ta travel so fur ta see his wife and 17 kids on the weekends.  Besides that there ain't no Commaches up here ta scare him and hang him upside down."

"I'll pay the bill on the way out, but don't spect no fortune cookie.  These Chinese all ya can eat places be period correct or we would not be here, but ya gots to wait bout 50 years fer some guy out ta Calyforia ta invents them."
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 03:18:58 PM »
Delmonico wanders around Kearney., wonderin' when Slim is gonna show up with his Wissyconsion brandin' irun so they can regester it in Newbrasskey since Slim has the only one.  Course Delmonico has one, but it is fer liftin' lids, cause if ya get caught brandin' with it ya can get hungs. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 06:24:44 PM »
Trinity sits on the ground laying against a tree in front of the mercantile with his hands on his belly. 

"Ooohhhhh, mah belly hurts.  What kind of meat was that at the Chinese-eat-all-ya-can-eat-fer-one-price place?  Ah ain fellin' good!" :P :P :P

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 09:09:47 PM »
Delmonico walks up ta Trinity.  Lookin' him over he gets the idea that Trinity just ate too much and is plugged up.  "Come with me I can help."  He then takes Trinity ta the blacksmith shop where he gets the big smith ta hold Trinity, grabbin' a funnel Delmonico pours a dose of castor oil down Trinity.  "Sorry pard it was fer yer own good," he says as Trinity heads for that little building behind the blacksmith shop. 

"If I'd taken ya ta the Doc he'd a given ya an ennerma."
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline gophergrease

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 09:38:50 PM »
Gopher Grease irdes into town, to find Delmonico and Trinity. Asking of the last week, he is told of Trinitys need of doctoring. He pull a bottle of Magneseum Sulfate, pours a spoon full down Trinity. Thinking to himself he wounders is this be the same china man he sold the one eared mule to the day before.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 09:56:54 PM »
"See Trinity, I tolt ya Gopher Grease was a better Doc than I was."   ::)

"Checked the Nuther Story thread, Slim will be here tammarrow, so get yer gear together, we is gonna build a ranch up on the Dismal River, up bout 20 miles from where it meets the North Loup.  Don't let the name scare ya it's a nice place." :o ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2004, 11:31:03 AM »
Slim rides into Kearney and finds where the guys are. "I finally made it. It takes a while to ride a horse 450 miles."
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2004, 11:57:02 AM »
That's why Gopher Grease and I ride mules, they gots more stammminnnan or somethin' like that.

Get down ta the courthouse and registar that brandin' irun Slim, that way it'll be legal and I won't have ta shoot the rope off yer neck from a half mile away like's I had ta do last time. :o 

When ya get it registared we got's to get up ta the Dismal River and set up a rance.  I got's 2000 longhorns comin' in next week ta stock it.  I tolt them ta wait till next week cause you'd have ta go home this weekend and visit yer wife and 17 children. ;D

Oh by the way if'n ya google things up Slim, ya gonna find there be a Dismal River in Newbrasskey. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2004, 12:04:35 PM »
Slim digs out his irun. "I am off to the courthouse. We can get something to eat after I get back. I shant be gone long." Slim meanders into the courthouse. He gets the brand registered and pays the fee. He walks back to the guys. "What we gonna have fer lunch?"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2004, 12:35:22 PM »
"Where abouts on the Dismal are we gonna setup this here cattle ranch? I looked at the survey maps while I was in the courthouse. That is one long river. It goes through four counties. What will do the closest town so I know where to go for supplies?"

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 01:12:57 PM »
Ya didn't look at all the old posts, bout 20 miles upstream from the forks of it and the North Loup.  And it only runs through 1 county, ya googled up modern maps.  It is all Chyeenneee County up thar.  And ya gonna have to come ta Kearney or North Platte fer supplies.  See town won't be fur. ;D

And what be the brand ya registared, I know it be in the Nuther Story thread but puts it here so we don't have ta keep goin' back and Firth.  (yes Slim there be a Firth Newbrasskey) ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2004, 01:24:34 PM »
So, Halsey or Dunning don't exist either?  :o I guess North Platte is the closest town. Here is the brand you're ridin' fer.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2004, 01:27:40 PM »
Delmonico says, "Did ya notice that we gonna be ranchin' in the National Froyest, ya can have Pondarosa Pine ranch house just like Ben Cartwright, right?"
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2004, 01:33:33 PM »

Time to setup a sawmill.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com