Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The American Plainsmen Society

2 x Pietta Patersons shot Gunfighter style:

(1/2) > >>

Cap'n Redneck:
Last weekend I attended the "Blue Mountain Trail" CAS-shoot in Sundsvall, Sweden.
While Saturday left us pretty much soaked, and I played it safe with a brace of Dragoons, Sunday came with only overcast weather and I decided to compete with my two Pietta 1838 Texas Patersons.
Dressed in my best "ca. 1846 Jack Hays"-attire I went at it and, well...let's just say I finished 24th. of 24 overall. 
I did find that my technique of bracing the heel of the gungrip against my hipbone while cocking the hammer helped materially in the effort.  However, despite the Slix-Shot nipples I was plagued with cap-jams at each of the five stages.  The guns clearly need some more tinkering.
But fun was had by both the undersigned and the bewildered crowd...!
A local shooter, "Locksmith", gets credit for the photo.  He also made a video-clip of the entire stage, but it is to large to download onto the CAS-forum.
I might eventually get some computer-assistance and upload it to YouTube...

Abilene:
Awesome. 

Cap'n Redneck:
https://youtube.com/shorts/NsujpSf4QbY?feature=share

Advertising:

Abilene:
Plenty of smoke! 

Coffinmaker:

:)  Cap'n  ;)

Way COOL!!  I would probably (no, I am) suggest Cap Rakes for your Pattersons.  I don't know what caps you have access to, but would also probably reduce the Main Springs a bit.

Play Safe Out There

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version