GENERAL TOPICS > Tall Tales

Coffee and Tea hotter than a June Bride

<< < (2/26) > >>

DeaconKC:
I was hired for my looks! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Actually I was. 6'3" tall and 270 pounds, bench pressed my own weight and willing to fight. Maximum Security Prison hired me...

Silver Creek Slim:
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 58 and sunny. High of 69.

Slim

Major 2:
improved ...not so wasted, still have head & sinus congestion and cough to clear my throat.
Thanks to all for the Well wishes.
Had my first cup o coffee in a week or more  ::)

Out of boredom,
I took one of those on-line Quizes that claim they can tell where you are from by your pronouncing certain words or phrases'...

Was not even close ::)  " suggested I was from the NORTH!!!!  HA !

I suppose being a native-born Floridian (Miami) has exposed me to a multi culture influx of mixed dialects
But NORTH ? go figure  ::)

Advertising:

Silver Creek Slim:
Do you have a link for that on-line quiz?

Slim

The Trinity Kid:

--- Quote from: Major 2 on June 03, 2022, 08:06:59 AM ---improved ...not so wasted, still have head & sinus congestion and cough to clear my throat.
Thanks to all for the Well wishes.
Had my first cup o coffee in a week or more  ::)

Out of boredom,
I took one of those on-line Quizes that claim they can tell where you are from by your pronouncing certain words or phrases'...

Was not even close ::)  " suggested I was from the NORTH!!!!  HA !

I suppose being a native-born Floridian (Miami) has exposed me to a multi culture influx of mixed dialects
But NORTH ? go figure  ::)

--- End quote ---

I took one of those once. It said I was from New England. Which also is not even close. The last generation in my family to be “from” New England immigrated from Prussia in 1861, and only lived there for about 2 years before heading to the Carolinas/Florida for the next century.

On todays docket, I am taking a ride on one of our planes. No particular reason for it, they just offered and I wouldn’t refuse a couple hours of flight time.  ::)

—TK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version