Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Frontier Iron

Bad cylinder in my Schofield

(1/1)

DeaconKC:
Aggravated here. Picked up a 3 1/2" Schofield a couple months ago, looks gorgeous, good trigger but hadn't taken it to the range yet. Went yesterday to sight it in and first cylinder wouldn't eject! Split case. Tried another cylinder and it split another case. Tested the chambers and found which one it was. Gonna call Uberti today but not hopeful as I bought it on Gunbroker and it may have been registered by the first owner. Cross your fingers for me.

Abilene:
Bummer.  Oversize chamber?  I guess worst case, if no love from Uberti and no parts available, just mark that chamber and leave it empty.  Makes you wonder if the Gunbroker seller knew about it.

DeaconKC:

--- Quote from: Abilene on March 30, 2022, 11:16:21 AM ---Bummer.  Oversize chamber?  I guess worst case, if no love from Uberti and no parts available, just mark that chamber and leave it empty.  Makes you wonder if the Gunbroker seller knew about it.

--- End quote ---
The seller is a longtime one, I have no qualms about them. It was my own fault for not checking when it arrived. Thankfully the bad chamber is next to the SN, so easy to spot. I will try the rest and see how that does.

Advertising:

Trailrider:
How were the cases split? From the mouth lengthwise and how far back to the rims? What brand of ammo? Are these brand new cases or reloads, and if the latter, how many reloads? It could be the chamber, but might be a bad lot of brass (incorrect annealing).

DeaconKC:

--- Quote from: Trailrider on March 30, 2022, 01:10:07 PM ---How were the cases split? From the mouth lengthwise and how far back to the rims? What brand of ammo? Are these brand new cases or reloads, and if the latter, how many reloads? It could be the chamber, but might be a bad lot of brass (incorrect annealing).

--- End quote ---
Factory Winchester ammo, cases split over an inch back from the mouth towards the rim. No signs of any problems with the other rounds fired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version