Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1873

Traditional Front Sight

(1/5) > >>

Dave T:
I just purchased a Winchester/Miroku 24" rifle. It comes with a skinny brass bead front sight which I want to replace for several reasons. Don't like the appearance or the sight picture.

Anyway, does anyone know of a source for a more traditional blade front sight that would fit in the Japanese dove tail on this rifle? It's no doubt some metric measurement I never heard of. (lol)

Dave

Dave T:
Sure do wish someone could give me a line on a better front sight for this gun. I tried some dry firing today and the closest I got to seeing the front sight would be to call it the fuzzy thing between the buck horns. No way am I ever gonna see that little brass bead through the notch. I can barely see the notch or the bead. (lol)

Dave

Buckaroo Lou:
Dave T,

Marbles has them with a larger bead but they are of the same style currently on the Miroku Winchester. In fact the one on the rifle is probably a Marbles as I believe it is the standard 3/8 dovetail. You could get the larger bead and perhaps shape it to look a bit more like the original ones.

I will continue to search to see if I run across something.

I like the little bead, but then again I can see it. It doesn't cover and hide the target.

Just a thought, could you get one for a Uberti rifle from VTI and make it fit the Miroku dovetail. Just askin'.

Check out this site: http://www.pioneergunworks.com/winchester-rifle-parts/

Advertising:

treebeard:
I prefer the original Winchester front sights with a silver blade set into the base. I am 70+ and can pick the silver up nicely. There are several different blade types  but found a Rocky Mountain type on Homestead parts website to copy.  Also usually see various blade types on other sites and EBay.

Little Dalton:
I have seen others use Uberti front sights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version