Author Topic: RCMP AD  (Read 2077 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
RCMP AD
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:38:29 AM »
Further to the point being discussed ....

It was reported on the Canadian Firearms Digest today that an RCMP constable has been disciplined for accidentally discharging his 9mm "service pistol" into the ceiling of his apartment, the bullet lodging in a piece of furniture in the apartment above.

Allegedly, he had been cleaning his gun and was checking it for function. He put one round into a mag, inserted it and chambered the round. In attempting to lower the hammer, he let the hammer slip.
This was in contravention of both his training and common gun handling procedure - remove the source of ammunition and clear the chamber.
This guy never heard of dummy rounds? He gets to carry a loaded 9mm on the streets? Any TRAINED CAS or IPSC shooter would know how to prevent such an incident. It is to laugh ......

If a civilian did the same thing, he'd be facing "safe storage" charges, an expensive court battle, his guns seized and a likely firearms prohibition of at least ten years; for life had it caused death or injury.

In the meantime, citizens who use a firearm in self-defence situations are similarly being prosecuted under the "safe storage" laws while DAILY gang land shootings are happening. It hardly warrants more than a brief mention in the media and arrests are seldom made.

If it wasn't so insane, it would be ludicrous.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: RCMP AD
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »
Like we were saying earlier about civilian LEO weapon training.  :o
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
Hi,

Kinda reminds me of when I shot the TV with my .357 magnum  ... gosh those things make a lotta noise!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:19:29 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
Yesterday I was at the range with three buffler rifles and two young members of the Sherrif's Dept. showed up in their sparkling SUV, in uniform, including issue 9mms. They shot a private Mini-14, SKS, a Rem 700 .243 and a Marlin 30-30. While I was there, a pistol did not come out of the holster as we were on the rifle range.

The club VP showed up and we had a discussion re: our requirement for different standards of gun handling when using our indoor range. They were in full agreement and said that compliance was not an issue.
One of our members had an issue with them walking onto the range loaded and leaving the line loaded. It was pointed out to him that these guys are LEOs and wear their pistols into Tim Horton's!

But again, the cops said they would gladly arrive unloaded and clear their pistols before leaving the line. It's called co-operation.

Seems our Tuesday pistol night is becoming quite popular and that seems to be bothering the civilians a lot more than it is the cops. We think it's a good way to build better relations with LEOs.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com