Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The American Plainsmen Society

MEEK'S CUTOFF

<< < (2/2)

buffalo bill:
Bought "MEEK'S CUTOFF" last night at Walmart for $13.00. Watched it when we got home and again this morning. Clothing, guns etc. looked really good. At first, I thought that they were carrying far too little in their wagons. They were across the Plains and into the High Desert so maybe they had already discarded many of their possessions along the way. The only thing that bothered me was the ending. It was a little strange. Won't say anymore about it so as not to ruin it. The landscapes and cinematography alone was worth the 13 bucks. Overall, not a bad portrayal of our time.

SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: buffalo bill on September 21, 2011, 10:33:30 AM ---Bought "MEEK'S CUTOFF" last night at Walmart for $13.00. Watched it when we got home and again this morning. Clothing, guns etc. looked really good. At first, I thought that they were carrying far too little in their wagons. They were across the Plains and into the High Desert so maybe they had already discarded many of their possessions along the way. The only thing that bothered me was the ending. It was a little strange. Won't say anymore about it so as not to ruin it. The landscapes and cinematography alone was worth the 13 bucks. Overall, not a bad portrayal of our time.

SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

--- End quote ---

Buffalo Bill, thanks for the review.  I am heading to Wally World today with the hopes of getting a copy.

Add On:
Got to our Walmart and they did not get any copies.  Stopped at Blockbuster and rented a copy.  It might take me a while to process what I thought about Meeks Cutoff.  I will just say that I recommend "Renting" this movie.

buffalo bill:
TwoWalks,
              I too would suggest renting over buying at first. I think that I would buy it again. I didn't care for the ending but. . .
I still think that the scenery and costume/props are still pretty good. Besides, I got mine for $13.00. New release rental is in the neighborhood of $5.00. (at least here)  All else fails, we can shoot at the "pretty, shiny disk". lol

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

Advertising:

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: buffalo bill on September 21, 2011, 09:45:45 PM ---TwoWalks,
              I too would suggest renting over buying at first. I think that I would buy it again. I didn't care for the ending but. . .
I still think that the scenery and costume/props are still pretty good. Besides, I got mine for $13.00. New release rental is in the neighborhood of $5.00. (at least here)  All else fails, we can shoot at the "pretty, shiny disk". lol

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

--- End quote ---

I concur about the ending.  Got a nice pile of those shiny disks we can use for targets.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version