Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The American Plainsmen Society

MEEK'S CUTOFF

(1/2) > >>

buffalo bill:
Howdy, Boys. I just saw that the movie Meek's Cutoff is being released on DVD September 13, 2011. I have no idea where you can find it but as soon as I find out you will all know. I hope that this movie is as good as it looks in the trailer.

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: buffalo bill on September 01, 2011, 01:57:35 PM ---Howdy, Boys. I just saw that the movie Meek's Cutoff is being released on DVD September 13, 2011. I have no idea where you can find it but as soon as I find out you will all know. I hope that this movie is as good as it looks in the trailer.

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

--- End quote ---

Just checked out the trailer and was impressed.  I am sure there will be a number of things different people will comment on from t he negative, it is after all a movie.  I sure plan to get this to watch.  One Fact That I will guarantee ... it will beat the day lights out of the normal television offering such as Jersey shore.

buffalo bill:
Amen, Brother! I am so damned fed up with those stupid reality shows I could spit. BTW, I posed a question to you on the Ft Union thread about hats. What size and style are you looking for? I might be able to pull a string or two since I manage a western store. Just a thought. . .

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

TwoWalks Baldridge:

--- Quote from: buffalo bill on September 01, 2011, 03:41:12 PM ---Amen, Brother! I am so damned fed up with those stupid reality shows I could spit. BTW, I posed a question to you on the Ft Union thread about hats. What size and style are you looking for? I might be able to pull a string or two since I manage a western store. Just a thought. . .

'SCOUTIN' for SHAGGIES'

BUFFALO BILL

--- End quote ---

Bill, do not know how I missed the question, but miss it I did.  I wear a 71/4.  As far as the style, I was looking for something in a style similar to the picture of your hat.  Round crown etc.  I feel that would have been a common style worn in the 1850's, but heaven knows I am often wrong.  I have one now but the crown is 6" and the brim is 4".  I have the feeling on yours, the crown is 4" and the brim perhaps 5"?

TwoWalks Baldridge:
Noticed that Amazon is taking advance orders for Meek's Cutoff for $19.99 and Walmart preorder for $17.96 with the date as stated September 13th.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version