Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

Loads

(1/4) > >>

Delmonico:
From my post in the Archives forum:

New folks questions are most often about loads.

I/m going to search out the regular board and dig up what I can, but I'm also going to start a thread there to post loads and I will divide them up by caliber.

Also I know some do like to shoot Nitro loads, so I'll have a seperate area for them.  I will ask that any of these be from a santioned loading manual and I ask that you quote the source.

This may take a little while, but I will work on it as I have time, object is to get a good data base to point newcomers to.

I will also search the board as I have time.

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: Shotgun Franklin on July 20, 2009, 03:07:41 PM ---Why not ask that posters quote the scource and give a link/address to a web site too?
I never use a load unless it's approved by the powder maker.
I'm to pretty to take a chance ya know!

--- End quote ---

If you go back and reread my post, you'll notice I asked that for Nitro loads. ::)  And if you understand black and the subs you will no it involves a fulll case.

Shotgun Franklin:
My mistake, I assumed that you were talking about smokeless as the 'Nitro' loads are actually the early Cordite loads.

Advertising:

Delmonico:

--- Quote from: Shotgun Franklin on July 22, 2009, 10:13:16 AM ---My mistake, I assumed that you were talking about smokeless as the 'Nitro' loads are actually the early Cordite loads.

--- End quote ---

No, any load using a Nitrocellulose based load were in the time period sometimes called Nitro loads, it is a term I prefer rather than smokeless which is not always true. ::)

BTW in English gun nomenclature nitro often, but not always mean cordite loads.  Some English rounds have always used other than cordite after the switch from black powder. ;)

Big T:
I know what works for my 45/70 trapdoor , I use a 410 hollow based lead bullet with 25.1 grs of 4198 in most cases , some of my primitave stuff is viberated 65 grains of 777 with the same bullet wt. ,I also leave the top groove exposed about 1/2 way to insure the bullet is fitted into the rifleing when the door is shut , t

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version