Author Topic: For Arcey and any other Grandparents  (Read 11356 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
For Arcey and any other Grandparents
« on: December 26, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »
Well they are more fun, when you can buy somethin' you wouldn't have bought for yer kids.  As I tolt ya I found a Kazoo at Cracker Barrel the other night. ;D

Thanks Pawpaw, is it for me?

OK, it's such a little package.

Well off with the paper.

Hmm, don't know what this is?

Very strange, never saw one of these before.

Oh you just hum in it.

Yeah works real cool.

Mom, look what Pawpaw got me. ;D

Pawpaw, Mommy said a bad word, and if she does that to you, my kazoo will get poop on it.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: For Arcey and any other Grandparents
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »
PawPaw, Ya still done good.   Cracker Barrel is a good place to find those old-fashioned toys. I enjoyed the visit over the phone today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »
Heh, heh, heh……..

Yer learnin’, Gramps.

I need ta get up with Will 'n see 'bout them flyin' saucers.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:15:22 PM »

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:23:07 PM »
tell ya what, them crackerbarrell's have got an awful lot of the noise makin toys.  I've found a few there that you just don't see anywhere else. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:24:40 PM »
tell ya what, them crackerbarrell's have got an awful lot of the noise makin toys.  I've found a few there that you just don't see anywhere else. ;D

Well if yer lookin' for one a them wooden train whistles and they are out, call me, we have them. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
back in the late 90's I got into woodworkin in a big way,  I learned to build those whistle's,  made 14 of em,  I gave em to all the kids as they were growing up,  still got 3 or 4 of em stored away here somewhere. ;D

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
I used to buy police cars, fire engines, and ambulances.....anything with a battery-powered siren for my nephews.
I loved to piss off my sister-in-law!  ;D
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 06:51:09 AM »
SB, I still like those kind of TOYS!  I like the full-size models.  I drove em all at one time or another.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 08:56:52 AM »
SB, I still like those kind of TOYS!  I like the full-size models.  I drove em all at one time or another.

Did ya drive the 4 cylinder late 80's Taurus, Lincoln tried them, for a short time. ;D  Couldn't keep real seals in them and they were worthless when it snowed over a couple inches, FWD don't do squat with a low slung POS. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 09:07:12 AM »
Del, In 92, the County bought some Taurus for us in the Warrant division. They had the SVO V6 with that rinky dink 2 speed automatc transmission. That engine had too much torque for that tranny.  I think that every one of our cars had at least 2 replacements before they got rid of them all in 93. Some of the supervisors cars only had 20,000 miles on them but they got rid of all of them.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
We had Tauri ‘n Luminas in the Bureau. Both with sixes. They were former rental cars. They really weren’t all that bad for what we did with ‘em. Wasn’t much difference in ‘em. The guys in V&N had a different need ‘n tore ‘em up. The Dodge Decrepits, new, really suffered under those folks ‘n didn’t do well with us.

I wanna Carbon Motors E7.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »
Arcey, If those Carbon Motors cars work out, they should do good.  Cities, Counties, and States need new units every year.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »
Last I knew one of the counties up north of me about a 100 miles still had one of those mid 70's Furies with a 440 up in real good shape.  Open country and they get some long chases up that way.  They often have enough warning they have time to send someone to the shop for it.  'least theyi still kept it up about 5 years ago.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »
Before I  went to work in Fort Worth, I worked in Ellis Co., just south of Dallas. They bought us old Texas Highway Patrol cars to drive because they were cheap to buy. In 80, I gota 77 Dodge Monaco with a 440 in it. They had painted it Dark Green over the old B/W paint. That old thing would run.  The new trooper cars had 360s in them and weren't fast at all. I used to catch their Speeders and the one's that ran from them.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »
I can pretty much tell ya the E7 won’t fly in Norfolk. They go for quantity over quality. The police budget is low priority.

Used ta burn my ass. I’d ask for sumthin’ new then I’d get sent ta duh beach ta see how it was werkin’ for them. They’d had it several years. Do up a detailed report ‘n it didn’t go anywhere. I did take some comfort in the fact I lived in duh beach. They got everythin' before we did.

Wanted a stand alone disciplinary data base file accessible only by IA personnel. Never did get one. When I quit in ’02 we were still usin’ index cards.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 06:13:45 PM »
pssst, Del...if she got her kazoo took away, jus show her the trick with the comb an waxpaper.  I annoyed ma folks plenny that way after ma granpa showed me ::)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 07:28:24 PM »
Nice present fer someone else's kids, Del. Toys like that get lost in my house.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »
Slim,  just file this stuff away in the back of yer mind,  one of these days when ya have Grandkids,  it'll seem like a good present to you too.   ;D ;D

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 08:23:32 PM »
Izaia got a bunch of them battery powered noisey gifts.  Funny thing was that Angel figgured em out an pokes the puttons with her nose.  She really likes all the bells an wistles.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 08:33:08 PM »
they had a little battery powered massager  at the store the other day, when it's turned on it vibrates and all the feet change colors as it vibrates,  first time Jackie put it on Marvin, thought he was gonna have a heart attack.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com