Author Topic: Which grip frame is better to shoot Model 3 Rus or Schofield?  (Read 6233 times)

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Which grip frame is better to shoot Model 3 Rus or Schofield?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 08:10:30 PM »
Well I handled both an original American and original Third model Russian, at the gunshow this weekend.  I believe, I will definitely be 'in' for one of the new Cimarron First Model Americans in 44 Spec that will be handling just 44 Russians.

The American has a very slender grip and hammer frame section compared to most firearms but it was easy to point, handle and reach the trigger.

While I still really like the looks and hold of the Third Russian, I would only buy one if used and the price was reasonable.  I will go for the American because of its uniqueness and the great discussion the owner/dealer and I had about the different models.  He likes SW's over the standard SAA and I believed I convinced him to also buy a Cimarron as a shooter.

Now lets hope that Uberti - Cimarron gets them to market in a reasonable timeframe.  Don't think September for the 44's and other calibers will be seen.
Black River Smith

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2019, 04:15:13 PM »
Hi

I bought an SAA Cavalry model in .45 Colt several years ago.  I've been shooting 1911's for 15 plus years and am VERY comfortable with 1911's.  I was completely uncomfortable with the SAA.  Johnson Barr let me try out his Schofields and the other S&W types, between he and Oklahoma Tom, I got to grip everything imported by 2018.  I ended up with the Schofield because it fit best.  Try what you can find and shoot if you can, it DOES make a difference. 

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4667
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2020, 06:34:15 PM »
Driftwood I have a question for you. I have big paws [XXL gloves] and even went with original Vaqueros because of the slightly larger grips over a Colt sized SAA. I would like to try out a S&W, so which grip size should I start out with? Thanks!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com