Author Topic: Shotgun  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: Shotgun
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »
Ed, what is a WASA?

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »
WASA is the Western Action Shootists Association which was created in 1998 by Bull Schmitt and a small group of cas shooters who [in a nutshell] [if anyone wants to correct me feel free] simply stated, wanted a cowboy action shooting organization that was not for profit and less complicated than sass was becoming. They also wanted a broader range of firearms than sass was allowing with 1916 as the cutoff date. Single action, double action and self loading handguns were all legal. To quote the 2002 rulebook on page 4, [I like the first and last] 1] Keep the rules simple. 5] Lets have fun. The 2002 rulebook fits in my pocket and has 23 pages. Our club left SASS officially [kept the rules] but we also adopted WASA so we have both options. Matches are set up to accommodate all shooters though in all honesty only a few of us take advantage of the freedoms allowed. The safety, clothing, match operation are basically the same for both groups. I think I’m the only one around who is continuing to [see below] beat this dead horse but it’s still a great idea.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 06:53:39 PM »
That sounds pretty interesting.   Our club left SASS not long ago and are looking to change things up soon.   I would love to seen catagorys that expand into the early 20th century.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:03:34 AM »

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 07:14:12 PM »
Send me a pm so we can chat, WASA would certainly change things up for your guys if they’re open minded. Next Saturday we are doing our monthly match as a Wild Bunch but it will be written so that SA shooters can shoot it too. They shoot 10, WB troopers shoot 15-20. Next month the tentative plan is a BAM match. Why do a 10-10-2 match every month? If it ain’t fun why bother.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 08:17:47 AM »
We shot our monthly match yesterday which was also a Wild Bunch shoot. Had 18 shooters compete with half shooting 1911s. A nice overcast cool spring day at the beach, luckily the rain held off until we got everything put away. Didn’t get my M12 riot done so I used my M12 trench, another guy used a cutdown M12 too. Everyone else ran ‘97s. The usual 1911 mag/ammo/operator issues cropped up between different shooters and stages. I had my misfeed jam on the first stage which contributed to one of my 2 misses. I set the ?mag aside, switched ammo and shoot 4 stages clean with one other miss. All six stages were 10-10-2 or 4. Not our usual WB. We have shot 20 pistol and 8 sg on a single stage. But we all had a real good time. Hopefully I’ll get some photos and scores to post. Next month is BAMM/double action revolvers. Good stuff.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2021, 08:48:57 AM »
".... Why do a 10-10-2 match every month? If it ain’t fun why bother.

my thoughts exactly
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 05:53:53 PM »
Where is the WASA matches located?

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 07:03:07 PM »
WASA is or rather was an organization that does not exist anymore. I did shoot a sanctioned match with them before they folded, in fact I came in first place Selfloader, have a 2002 handbook that I’m willing to share and have been in touch with Bull Schmitt who told me he had no problems with me promoting WASA. That dead horse thing. I still believe WASA is a good addition to any cas club’s rules. What could be wrong with a broader variety of guns to play with without infringing on the single action folks ability to play with theirs. My club is ECSASS, we shoot at the Dare Co Shooting Complex near Manteo, NC. A fine little club. Everyone works, no prima donnas, shoots run smooth and safely and most importantly-we have fun with all kinds of guns. WASA as an organization is never going to exist again, with the selling of Founders Ranch SASS might be getting closer to their end than their beginning. Thinking it’s time to circle the wagons and get everyone inside, WASA, SASS, GAF and NCOWS as we all like the same things...if you squint your eyes a little, namely old guns and playing dress up.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 07:27:51 PM »
... we all like the same thing if you squint your eyes a little.

Exactamundo!

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 10:31:01 AM »
Did better than I thought and came in 5th. Those extra 30 seconds clearing my 1st stage jam cost me. I even had a sub 30 second stage that I didn’t realize until I saw the scores. Must be those gummy vitamins.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2021, 03:58:47 PM »
The Remington model 10 should be allowed.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Doc Holloman

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110783
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2022, 04:10:34 PM »
How about a Model 12 trenchgun? Or is it too gamey.    A simple solution Coffinmaker would be to become a WASA/SASS club and broaden the firearm palette. There’s still a cutoff date but its a little later. That way everyone is welcome to the table.

Since no one answered this last year I thought I might give you the current  info.  Last fall at the Texas State match I noticed that one competitor was using a Model 12 Trench Gun.  I looked at the rules, which were ambiguous at best.  I raise the question on the Wild Bunch Wire and after some very opinionated back and forth, the Model 12 Trench Gun was approved.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2022, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Doc. Our April monthly shoot will have a Wild Bunch category. Depending on who designs the match, the number of sg and 1911 pistol rounds vary considerably but I’m thinking it will be 10-10-4 but I might be wrong. Going to try my Crazy Lee Model 12 and AO 1911. If its a warm day I’ll wear my 1912 summer uniform but if its a cool day I’ll wear my pinstripes and go gangster. I want to finish up my Model 1912 20 ga riot this week and try it out.
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2022, 05:36:26 AM »
Here's a direct quote from Captain Dennet, "Why didn't they take the tank".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com