Author Topic: Camping accessory reviews  (Read 177444 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Camping accessory reviews
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:39 AM »
If you keep clothes long enough, they will come back in style.  I'm waitin' on my leisure suits and my white belt and shoes.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »
……………my leisure suits and my white belt and shoes.

Couldn’t do that, even in the ‘70s. Just couldn’t….

The B-17 what was here o’er the weekend. Video included:

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/08/wwii-bomber-liberty-belle-asks-come-fly-me

That caused me to wonder whatever happened to this one:

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/08/whatever-happened-turtle-sat-gate-norfolk-naval-station
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »
Arcey, Thanks for the links.  Dotta love that John Fogerty music. Creedence ain't Creedence without John.  I probably saw that Neptune at Pensacola, I've been to the Naval Air Museum down there a couple of times.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #283 on: Today at 06:08:18 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2008, 09:17:49 AM »
I noticed that the B 17 is owned by a Tulsa outfit, so maybe I'll see it some time at the Airshow at Midland.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
Happy ta send ‘em.

Far as I’m concerned, Fogerty WAS Creedence.

Bet it was a fun ride. Saw they flew o’er downtown. If ya knew where ta look ya could pick out the Wisconsin.

The Turtle was there so long she became a part of the scenery. The intersection is Taussig ‘n Granby. Don’t ‘n didn’t go thru there much when I got grown. Passed one afternoon when I was still werkin’ ‘n asked myself, ‘where’s the airplane?’

For the record, she wasn’t sittin’ at a gate to NAS when that picture was taken. 3 ‘n 5 were a good mile west down the road runnin’ off to the left. 4, I think it is, was close to a mile to the north.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
Them ol Warbirds are special to me because of my Dad and the fact that I belong to the CAF.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2008, 03:08:10 PM »
Arcey, I haven't heard John's solo album, need to go find that CD.  I always thought I was born about 30 years too late. I shoulda been a WWII aviator.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »
John, had a few solo albums, Centerfield bein the first.  Eye of the Zombie was another and the most recent I don't know.  CCR was ma first rock obsession.  Moved all over the place from there, but they always hold a special place in ma heart.  Can't have CCR without John, don't care how many tickets them Revisited guy's sell.

Trivia: they was 'riginally called the............
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2008, 03:51:07 PM »
The links ta the B-17 and P2V were great!  The print story and the video commentary contradict each other but whatever, that Belle is a beatiful plane.  Would love a ride :D

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »
I always thought I was born about 30 years too late. I shoulda been a WWII aviator.

I thought that song went  "I shouda been a Cowboy"   ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2008, 04:16:01 PM »
John, had a few solo albums, Centerfield bein the first.  Eye of the Zombie was another and the most recent I don't know.  CCR was ma first rock obsession.  Moved all over the place from there, but they always hold a special place in ma heart.  Can't have CCR without John, don't care how many tickets them Revisited guy's sell.

Trivia: they was 'riginally called the............

the Blue Velvets,

saw em at Stillwater, Ok   OSU stadium, when I was in College.  CCW  that is.  ;D

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
the Blue Velvets,

saw em at Stillwater, Ok   OSU stadium, when I was in College.  CCW  that is.  ;D

Good call OT.  I was thinkin The Golliwogs, that was what they was called when they played my ex MIL's prom.  Blue Velvets was first. 
     The Beatles went through the same stuff with Johnny and the Moon Dogs and then The Silver Beatles.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
OT, I always wanted to be a Texas DPS Trooper and then get promoted to the Rangers(not the BB club).  I applied in 1967 and passed everyithing but the eye test. Back then you had to be 20/20 uncorrected. By the time they changed the requirements, I was too old for the academy.   I had all of CCR's albums on 8-track, I even had Asleep at the Wheel's first album on 8-track. I've got that ASAW 8- track somewhere in my old house that I still own.   

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »
I remember the first player I bought was a 4 track,  didin't last long till the 8 tracks came out.  they worked pretty good.  I know a fella down at Ozark  has 2 or 3 8 tracks that he keeps working,  bet he's got a thousand tapes.  ;D

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2008, 05:47:24 PM »
That was one great video!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2008, 05:51:14 PM »
My first player was a 4/8 track, kept it til I sold that 60 Bel Air in 1971.

Johnny Cash, LeRoy Van Dike, Merle Haggart, CCR and Iron Butterfly tapes were always playing.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2008, 05:55:16 PM »
Haddah box fullah 8 tracks I threw out when me moved last. No idea what was in there. Re-recorded most of ‘em to cassette 'fore then anyway.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »
Bro. Sleep that is an unusual group of musical offerings.     OT, I have a brand new Zenith home 8-track unit that has never been played. If I ever find that ASAW 8-track tape again, I'm gonna get Ol' Ray Benson to autograph it.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2008, 06:02:13 PM »
Bro. Sleep that is an unusual group of musical offerings.    

Werked in a "head shop" part time while in college, passed the job to my future brother in law whan I graduated.
He and my sister bought it and still own the business, it has evolved quite a bit.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2008, 06:05:49 PM »
I believe I'm the last of the 8-track guys.  Casettes were just comin out when I got inta music but everyone had an 8-track.  Made that dang loud hissin noise.  Found out later they was designed ta be used in cars an the noise a the vehicle was supposed ta make the hiss not matter.  
Fast forward er rewind?  Naw just four "program" buttons ta poke at til ya close ta what ya wanted.  Heck, there was still folks around with real ta real players in their houses that they was proud of.  See some at a garage sale every now an then.

Leo

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com