Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

Deer hunting rifle, handgun or shotgun?

(1/2) > >>

DaleKHayes:
Which one is good for deer hunting rifle, handgun or shotgun?

Tornado:
If I were going to hunt deer, the rifle would be my first choice.  ???

Jeremiah Jones:
I have killed many white tail deer with 12g shotgun/slug, .54 black powder/round ball rifle and my 1892 .45 Rossi lever action.  Never used a handgun but I know people that do.  It really comes down to what you like.

Advertising:

Win 1876:
All of the options work and are used. Most people start with a long gun due to the sight radius. Most start with rifles because of the flatter trajectory at range. It really does depend on your environment and local laws which might be best for you. If your going to hunt make sure you are 100% comfortable with your weapon and have practiced at the range you expect to shoot. Don’t take a shot you went comfortable with. It’s better to not shoot than wound game.

Abilene:

--- Quote from: DaleKHayes on October 20, 2021, 04:54:32 AM ---Which one is good for deer hunting rifle, handgun or shotgun?

--- End quote ---

Is this a trick question?  And Zoot Shooters seems a rather odd place for the query from a new person.

I have never hunted deer and have no modern rifles or shotguns, but would use my 44-40 '73 most likely if I could get close enough.   Also have a scoped 8" Anaconda that would do the job.  I would trust that one out to 100 yds if I had a support of some type to steady the hold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version