Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Uberti, Pietta and other SAA Clones

Bought another clone

<< < (3/3)

Coffinmaker:

:)  BRB   ;)

Before you go spending money on an overpriced Colt Base Pin, just put your OEM Base Pin an a padded vice and take a hacksaw to the last 3/32 of an inch, then square it up and dress it nicely.  Then you can just shove the OEM Base Pin all the way in and it'll look just primo.

Then you can just send me a Czech for the cost of the Colt Base Pin and we'll both be tickled.

Stay Safe Out There

Tascosa Joe:
Then you can just send me a Czech for the cost of the Colt Base Pin and we'll both be tickled.

I would but I can't get any of my grandkids in an envelope.  ;D

Black River Bill:

Sorry for a late reply.  The Cavalry model does have 4 clicks, and I also shortened the base pin.  Nicely finished gun and I'm extremely pleased with it.

On a side not, I ordered a .38-40 SA from Taylor"s & Co. with 4 3/4" barrel.  I finally got it and it had the 3 click hammer.  I ordered an older style 4 click hammer and trigger and installed them.  Much better now.

Advertising:

Cliff Fendley:

--- Quote from: LonesomePigeon on April 05, 2021, 11:49:50 PM ---Recently I got a Uberti SAA replica .32-20 with 7 1/2" barrel from Dixie Gun Works. It was the Old Model frame with the retaining screw in the front but it had the retractable firing pin and 3-click hammer. Abiline I do hope Cimarron is continuing to keep their Old Model frame Uberti's in the 4-click version. I think Cimarron is the only one to still have 4-clickers. I have also seen pictures on Gunbroker of Taylor's & Co. Old Model Frame Uberti's that appear to be 3-clickers, based on the position of the trigger.

--- End quote ---

That's your difference, Uberti from Dixie, Taylor, etc. Cimarron are the only ones still the old way. For how long they can keep getting them is unknown.

As for basepins, my most recent Old Model Cimarron custom order model P had the shorter one position basepin like they are now putting in the ones with the new fangled retractable firing pin models so it was a win win. Just like a SAA is supposed to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version