Author Topic: Walther PPK is 80!  (Read 18086 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Walther PPK is 80!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2011, 11:02:22 AM »
Sadly, the universality of the .25s and .32s is no more in Kanuckistan ..... ;>(

Years ago, our PC gov't saw fit to deem them 'prohibited', 'grandfathering' them to current owners. These were the ideal calibres for women and the elderly with their low recoil.
It was the liberal "Saturday Night Special" syndrome that powered this travesty, as if criminals and the suicidal were the ones most interested in these guns. In reality, they prefer the current Glocks and other modern guns in 9mm and larger.

We no longer have 'pocket pistol' CAS side matches as so few people are licenced to own 'prohibs' with 4" barrels or less. Of course, this makes Canadian society a whole lot safer and the world a better place in general ...... yeah, right!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Border Ruffian

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »
Sadly, the universality of the .25s and .32s is no more in Kanuckistan ..... ;>(

Years ago, our PC gov't saw fit to deem them 'prohibited', 'grandfathering' them to current owners. These were the ideal calibres for women and the elderly with their low recoil.
It was the liberal "Saturday Night Special" syndrome that powered this travesty, as if criminals and the suicidal were the ones most interested in these guns. In reality, they prefer the current Glocks and other modern guns in 9mm and larger.

We no longer have 'pocket pistol' CAS side matches as so few people are licenced to own 'prohibs' with 4" barrels or less. Of course, this makes Canadian society a whole lot safer and the world a better place in general ...... yeah, right!

The gun control fools down here have tried the same thing every now and again, during the 70s and 80s it was all about "Saturday night specials" and how "dangerous " they were.  Nowadays, the flavor of the month are semi automatic rifles.
http://oldschoolguns.blogspot.com/  A place for Classic Firearms

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 05:43:24 PM »
Of course 007 (along with some of the baddies) was a supernaturally good shot who could always shoot the other guy through the pupil of the left eye, every time. A .32 is quite adequate for that. Does it strike anyone else as odd that Bond is always referred to as a spy yet he never seems to do any spying? He spends most of his time playing golf and baccarat and bedding gorgeous ladies. Actually, in the books Bond is a bit of a thug and in the one assassination he mentions pulling, during WWII he used a rifle, an eminently sensible weapon.
From those years, my favorite undercover agent/assassin was Donald Hamilton's Matt Helm. Helm preferred a Cold Woodsman with a 2-inch barrel, because it's neat and relatively quiet and he always tried to shoot them in the back of the skull. From in front, he usually used a knife they wouldn't even see until it was too late. He always tried to avoid fighting because you can always lose a fight whereas backshooting is a sure thing. Extremely cold-blooded. And Hamilton really knew his firearms. I never caught him in a mistake.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:02:27 PM »

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »
Actually,Matt Helm used a personally-owned pre-war Sport Model with the adjustable front sight.

He'd carried it throughout the war.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline The Elderly Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 11:14:23 AM »
I'll have to dig out my copy of "Death of a Citizen." It's been a good many years.

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
Do - it's still a good read.

He left the piece with a body, so he doesn't have it any longer.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com