Author Topic: Shot my Ruger today for the First time!  (Read 5791 times)

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cactus Flats Ranch and Arenas, Inc.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shot my Ruger today for the First time!
« on: March 08, 2005, 04:32:50 PM »
Went down to the Range to relieve some tension, stress, and anger due to a dispute with the Land Lady at my Apartment Complex today. Oh, it felt good! So natural, like I had been shooting it forever! Talk about your "Anger Management!" LOL! YEEHAW! ALL Hail the Holy Black!
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
Senora Abrana S. Garcia - Bonney - Immortal Gunfighters Western Reenactment Group - Chloride, AZ.
R.A.T.S. #133
LLB Onda AZ Leader/LLB Street Team
Owner - MSN Group Hacienda de Billito
http://groups.msn.com/HaciendadeBillito

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Shot my Ruger today for the First time!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 04:47:11 PM »
CcK,

While I am glad that you got to shoot today, I hope that you had someone with you to watch over you and help you be safe since it was your first time shooting.

Also, learning to shoot while angry isn't the best practice. Anger clouds our judgement, causing errors and mistakes. It is best to learn to shoot when one is calm and clear headed.

I am glad you made it back safely. Just curious, what targets and ammo did you use?

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline CanChaserKate

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cactus Flats Ranch and Arenas, Inc.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 04:57:50 PM »
Oh yes. I had my Cousin with me as well as other Veteran shooters. it was a Fantastic Learning experience. My Cousin says that if she had felt that I was a Danger to me, her, or anyone else, she would NOT have taken me.
Just used the Targets that they had at the Range affixed to boards that had been shot to pieces.
I used a Combination of Black Hills Ammo Central Fire Cartridges in .45 (Only kind I had in CAS Ammo at the time), and CCL Blazer .45 Hollowpoints.
SASS - Warthog
BTKOG Regulator
Senora Abrana S. Garcia - Bonney - Immortal Gunfighters Western Reenactment Group - Chloride, AZ.
R.A.T.S. #133
LLB Onda AZ Leader/LLB Street Team
Owner - MSN Group Hacienda de Billito
http://groups.msn.com/HaciendadeBillito

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:15:41 AM »

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 12:08:01 PM »
Kate: 

Glad you safely blasted some targets 'stead of that landlord.  I realize some need to be blasted. 
Had a particularlly nasty one in Denver a few years back!!  She need a boot in her ass in the worst way!!!  Screwed us outta a whole bunch of rent & a big ol' deposit, too.

Reckon I'll run into you in Tucson in a month or so.  I'll be bringin' some smoky stuff to add to the desert heat.
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
Ain't life grand Kate?  Nothing like sniffin' some gun smoke to soothe the psychee.  Shot my matched pair of 7.5 inch stainless Vaqs just the other day.  I shot bulls-eye targets set at 20 yards with 3-D blue ammo, 250 gr. RNFPL.   Felt good... felt real good!
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 10:47:13 PM »
CcK, I hate to break this to you, because I know you are so excited about shooting, but Black Hills doesn't make black powder ammunition. The stuff you were shooting was smokeless. But that means the experience of shooting the true Holy Black with the smoke and flames is still in front of you and you still had a great time with the heathen nitro!

Welcome to the world of shooting!

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com