Author Topic: FAVORITE Duty Pistol  (Read 44832 times)

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
Re: FAVORITE Duty Pistol
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2022, 06:53:40 PM »
26 years with Illinois Department of Corrections, while working prisons, we were issued S&W Model 64s in .38 Special. Parole Agents carried Glock 23s in .40S&W. Over 6K rounds through mine with no malfunctions. Butt ugly and a horrible trigger, but a fine gun. They are transitioning to 9mms, so hopefully when they trade the 40s in, the dealer will call me as I put my number in the box.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Ketchums Clayton

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2022, 12:53:55 PM »
Personally owned Browning High Power MkIII in 40 S&W. Carried in the NMSP and a municipal agency, including on SRT.
Black Jack Ketchum - just hanging around Clayton, NM

Offline Kormak

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2023, 01:58:46 AM »
Personally owned Browning High Power MkIII in 40 S&W. Carried in the NMSP and a municipal agency, including on SRT.
Classic. Have one in my collection and it's a BEAST. I've read about it and really wanted it few years back, but had no money then. Seen an article on it at gunicorns.com not so long ago and thought: "Hey why not" and ended up buying one
Currently preparing for half marathon with my wife.
Fav runners: Saucony Kinvara(her's are oofos women)

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 03:21:04 PM »

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2023, 06:14:12 AM »
Mine is Glock 21.  I know, they're ugly and have zero sex appeal.  What they do have is utter reliability, and I shoot it well.  In twenty six years of qualification, training, etc., the only trouble I ever had with it was weak magazine springs.  Changed those out and it went back to total reliability.  Besides, the serial number is my badge number, and it has the agency seal on its slide.  I think they charged me about $350 for it when I bought it from the agency.  It's been a pretty faithful companion!
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Pamlicoculture

• Retired LEO
  • Citizen
  • Living happily as a cancer survivor.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2023, 08:21:39 PM »
I carried a pre-issued Glock-22 (.40 cal) for duty with a city police department, it was a little beat up but was reconditioned for me….  I trusted it’s reliability completely and still would.  I was medically retired in 2020, the gun was gifted to me by the agency in a custom made box and it’s the only semi-auto that I own….. I tote a revolver as a citizen today.   
Stoicism

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2023, 09:24:53 AM »
I closest I served, was 1st. two seasons of "Miami Vice" as a set builder & designer.

But I can relate to FAVORITE Duty Pistol, in that I have a few in my collection...

1st. is a 1919 Colt Police Positive in 38 Colt, that belonged to Cincinatti Motor Patrolman William Stackhouse.
 Bill served in the 1930's and I was fortunate to acquire his duty Revolver and Brauer Bros duty holster.
I bought it from the retired Chaplin of the Kissimmee PD through my friends LGS.   

next is my Steyr-Pieper - Model 1908/34. This gun is WW2 bring back, it was confiscated after Germany surrendered. 
When Salzburg, Austria was occupied by the 3rd Infantry Division all of the Austrian police were disarmed.
These guns were the side arm of the Salzburg Gendarmerie, this one brought back as war souvenir.

I also have a modest collection of vintage duty holsters.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2023, 11:57:43 AM »
What great guns with great stories! Thanks!

Griff

Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com