GENERAL TOPICS > Tall Tales

In Remembrance of AnnieLee Independent - 9/12/1958 to 2/27/2006

(1/50) > >>

Silver Creek Slim:
This thread is being setup so y'all can post memories of our dear friend AnnieLee AKA Nancy Depoy.

I will be posting my memories after I have had time to collect my thoughts.

Below you will find her obituary printed on 3/7/2006 in the Free Lance-Star in Fredericksburg, VA.

Slim

Nancy H. Depoy

Nancy Herder Depoy, 47, also known as Annie Lee Independent, died Monday, Feb. 27, 2006, in Fredericksburg.

She was born Sept. 12, 1958, in St. Paul, Minn., and grew up in West Palm Beach, Fla.

She served her country in the U.S. Air Force and was a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Engineering. She was currently employed by the FAA in Washington, D.C.

Nancy is survived by her son, Charles, and his father, Steven Depoy, of Waldorf, Md.; her mother, Patricia Herder of West Palm Beach; her sisters, Barbara Gohr and her husband, Jeffrey, of Libertyville, Ill., Mary McFarland and her husband, Malcolm, of Folsom, Calif., and Joyce Moody of West Palm Beach; her brother, Thomas J. and his wife, Rhoda Vanderhart, of Mobile, Ala.; and nieces, a nephew, many aunts, uncles and cousins.

She was preceded in death by her father, Thomas H. Herder.

Entombment will take place in Arlington National Cemetery Wednesday, March 22, at 2 p.m. A Mass in Nancy's memory will be said Saturday, March 11, at 10 a.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Pomfret, Md.

Online condolences may be sent to foundandsons.com.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a list of on-line and off-line memories of AnnieLee:

TFS bartender - Juggs
TFS Land Shark
CAS City Newbrassky thread Frumpy Fairy Godmother (FFg)
CAS City substitute greeter
CAS City co-moderator of RATS forum
Wielder of "Elle Kabong" and "Le Ping"
Arcey's ST
Maker of jam and jellies
Maker of my son's afghan
Warthog Gunfighter

Mustang Gregg:
Thanks, Slim.

It probably has mostly all been said already, friend.
But Annie was THE BEST.  She was a real force in CAS and everything she did.
I feel kinda sad & sick right now, so I'll just shut up.

MG

PS  Nancy, I'll miss ya.

Beth of Lincoln County:
There is so much I want to say about Annie Lee, but I don't know where to begin. 

Everytime I try to write something, my computer screen gets all blurry and my keyboard gets wet.

She was a really good person, whom I had the honor and privledge to know her and her son Charlie (Will).  I am going to miss her terribly.  I could always talk to her about anything, and she would listen and not judge.  She always gave me great advice and/or suggestion that I could use.

Nancy and I meet at Pungo at one of the shoots.  She was always laughing and joking with everyone.  She always had a smile on her face, and a kind word for everyone.

I'm sorry, I can't write anymore right now.  I will post more later when my screen is clearer.

Beth

Advertising:

Lou Graham:
The first time I met Annie f2f was at Roundup a coupla years back.

There was a Wild Bunch side match.  Annie was the first lady I'd met in cyberspace that shot a 1911 besides me.  So, we're gonna do WB together.  At that time, she used a sxs shotgun and didn't know manual of arms for a pump.  

We plunked the guns down on the loading table and she says "Show me the drill and don't forget I'm left handed."

Well, she marched out and shot the stage, did fine with the shotgun.

Jaws dropped when she pulled the 1911 and commenced to shooting it.

She did it one-handed. ;D :o ;D

Didn't even realize she was doing something special.

Big John Wyatt:
Elle KaBong..... :( :( :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version