Author Topic: Can't Be USFA  (Read 1822 times)

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Can't Be USFA
« on: July 04, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
Saw this gunbroker listed as USFA S/N 58512 , 45LC 5.5" beat up looks like a parts gun on Colt Frame Bulls Eye ejector, cross pin, USFA Barrel,  Frame and back strap matching S/N .  Loading gate does not match.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/820037671

Any thoughts

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
Re: Can't Be USFA
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 03:35:45 PM »
It is indeed a USFA gun and one made from all USA sourced parts. It is one of their "Gunslinger" models, which were deliberately aged to look like vintage pistols. That is the correct serial number range (58,000). I know this because I have two of them, a BP framed 7-1/2" 45 Colt and a smokeless framed 4-3/4" 38 Colt and Smith & Wesson Special.

I was told they have an actual applied finish. They were not just left in the white to rust. The ones I have show very little sign of handling or holster wear. When I first heard about them I thought it was a terrible idea. After I saw the 7-1/2" I have I became a believer.

Oh and by the way, I absolutely hate the Gunslinger name. YUCK!

Dave

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 02:56:01 PM »
Looks like some knucklehead pulled that cylinder pin out with a pair of pliers.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:23:10 PM »

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 03:50:25 PM »
It is indeed a USFA gun and one made from all USA sourced parts. It is one of their "Gunslinger" models, which were deliberately aged to look like vintage pistols. That is the correct serial number range (58,000). I know this because I have two of them, a BP framed 7-1/2" 45 Colt and a smokeless framed 4-3/4" 38 Colt and Smith & Wesson Special.

I was told they have an actual applied finish. They were not just left in the white to rust. The ones I have show very little sign of handling or holster wear. When I first heard about them I thought it was a terrible idea. After I saw the 7-1/2" I have I became a believer.

Dave

Thanks Dave learned 

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »

Dave

Thanks Dave learned something thought all USFA guns S/N ended around 30,000

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 09:21:49 PM »
I agree, American made Gunslinger model. It an interesting one though, I have never seen one with the stars and numbers stamped on the trigger guard. Also it is a crosspin frame with a bp style round ejector rod head and bp style hammer checkering.

Just noticed the base pin has a hole in the front. That is how original Colt's were but I thought USFA's didn't have that. I know my Custer Battlefield base pin does not have a hole.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com