Author Topic: Clicker Die Holster Blanks  (Read 829 times)

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: Clicker Die Holster Blanks
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2024, 10:52:13 AM »
TOOLING DESCRIPTION:  1-1/4'' X 1/4'' SE, HEAVY DUTY FORGED CLICKER - BRACED - TEFLON COATED    $386.00
TOOLING DESCRIPTION:  32 x 4 PHPS (PRE HARDENED PRE SHARPENED)   BRACED  AND TEFLON COATED $275.00         

I received the following two prices from another die-maker.                   

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2024, 11:58:53 AM »
That's the one I would go with if I were interested in having a die made. He's mid point between the other two and probably would provide the best product.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Buck Stinson

• Top Active Citizen
    • Old West Reproductions, Inc.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2024, 04:16:33 PM »
I started my business in 1978 and for the next 10 years, I cut everything by hand.  I was so far behind in y orders and working myself to death, so in 1988 I bought a clicker and had 3/4" steel rule dies made for some of the more popular holster patterns I had in my catalog.  It saved me so much time, it was unbelievable.  My steel rule dies have all had hundreds if not thousands of strikes without a single failure.  I don't think I've had to stone any of them more that once or twice in 35 years of use.  In 1988, my clicker cost me $5500.00 shipped to Montana from Texas and the holster dies were generally in the $90 to $105.00 range.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 02:07:51 AM »

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2024, 04:29:34 PM »
I started my business in 1978 and for the next 10 years, I cut everything by hand.  I was so far behind in y orders and working myself to death, so in 1988 I bought a clicker and had 3/4" steel rule dies made for some of the more popular holster patterns I had in my catalog.  It saved me so much time, it was unbelievable.  My steel rule dies have all had hundreds if not thousands of strikes without a single failure.  I don't think I've had to stone any of them more that once or twice in 35 years of use.  In 1988, my clicker cost me $5500.00 shipped to Montana from Texas and the holster dies were generally in the $90 to $105.00 range.
Great information.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2024, 04:31:27 PM »
I stumbled on this video on YouTube. If I were still making Holsters, I'd give this a shot. It's much slower than a clicker press but I'd still save time and get an accurate shape.

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2024, 06:14:23 PM »
That's good to know. I've never had the volume for anything but in your case, it paid off. Outstanding.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com