Author Topic: Its' September! just 16 more Sundays to Christmas  (Read 8876 times)

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4669
Re: Its' September! just 16 more Sundays to Christmas
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2022, 08:54:36 AM »
Praying for all of you in the path of the storm. Use good sense and stay safe.
57 here today, supposed to hit 82. Goal for today is to tumble all my brass from CAC and load my primer tubes. Raising my coffee cup to y'all.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2022, 10:33:44 AM »
Major, many thanks for your kind thoughts. We both tested positive again this morning. Just down to a very mild sore throat and intermittent cough. Honey in water helps.

We take this one seriously and are taking precautions.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2022, 12:28:47 PM »
Evening all.

Warm one in the Missoula valley today, mid 70s. I spent my morning testing and retesting my latest invention. Unfortunately it’s nothing new, but it might be something the yuppies will buy (to use Del’s coined phrase), and I’m always happy to take money. ::) If you’re wondering, it’s a wax product.

Y’all keep dry and warm out there.

—TK

If it makes a good black powder lube you can sell it to black powder shooters.   

I have been so busy I didn't know about the hurricane till yesterday someone mentioned it in my cast iron coffee chat group.   
we have several members in the bullseye. 

I am working to do some serious editing and to start putting documents on dutch oven cooking on Etsy,  Been doing some research, seems to be a nitch nobody is taking advantage of, anyone of my recipes are actually a bit more, I tell people they are geare3d to living history people and they then think the information is awesome. 
facebook has an an interesting feature, A group you administrate you can get a number for the people that opened it if it has a more thing that you hit to read a longer post or to look at pictures, either more than show or to enlarge.  I have a public group that actually only has 2 members me and my FB Jail account, but anyone can read it and anyone can share it, you just can't post, that means no spammers and posts stay where I put them.  New ones at the top then every couple months I bump stuff around to where I want the in the same area as others of their kind, this way I can direct link them on FB and no scary links. 

I've been using that to gage things and the time has come.  I slightly edited what I am surprised anyone would pay attention to Mac and Cheese, a backed one, A bit harder than microwave, didn't think any one would not know, but by actually making it as a clean slate and deleting the original , the counter started over and I shared it in 5 groups, a shared post take the count back to my original post in my  group, the first 6 hours got me around a 1000 hits per hour, then as it went down it slowed but stood at 11,000 this morning when I bumped it in one group because someone asked how to make it. 

I think using the word dutch oven will also help because so many think you have to have a separate recipe.  I will not us stupid names like chuckwagon macaroni because that crap drives me nuts, just one reason I won't waste my time with watching that guy from Oklahoma and his wagon.   The other is some of his information is very wrong, either he has to follow the script or he don't know how to season and clean dutch ovens.  That's a better subject for cooking groups.  ;D 

Like the Kid, my target is Yuppie's who want a download for their fruit phone to take glamping and use their Kingsford and fancy table. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 02:34:31 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2022, 07:45:58 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 27 and sunny. High of 55.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2022, 08:35:16 AM »
Crosshairs smack-dab on my location, the eye will be here about 2AM . EDIT
Boarded up, prolly lose power in the evening tonight.
We are getting steady rain and winds gusts now and will continue to get much worse till late Thursday.

EDIT: Cat 4 storm on shore @ near Ft. Myers, has slowed to 8MPH forward movement, now a CAT 3
NOW the storm is crawling along, and the now eye will be in my area @ 7-8AM tomorrow
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2022, 08:54:44 AM »
Keep dry there Major. Heavens have been beseeched for y’all and the McCrae clan.

Weather here is somewhat more pleasant. 45 as of 7am, with a couple little clouds just floating along. Shaping up to be downright pleasant. On the docket for today, I have to make a trip to the county courthouse to submit some paperwork on our horse trailer, then this evening I get to try and get my old Ford truck running. It should, with some jumper cables, fresh gas and a little ether.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2022, 09:12:55 AM »
Stay safe down there Roger and any others under the gun. Going to be a bad one I’m afraid. My best buds place is in Sarasota but he’s out of state. I think Ft Myers is going to get messed up pretty bad. My prayer has always been that the Lord give us strength to endure whatever we have to. God bless.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2022, 09:49:36 AM »
Prayers for all you in the storm's path!
64 here right now, gonna hit 77 today. Went to clean my brass from CAC and the last couple matches yesterday and it was so pretty I spent all day in the garage just cleaning all sorts of brass! .45 Colt, .45 ACP, .38 Specials [LOTS of .38!] and some stray 9mm that wandered into the other stuff. Still got a few thousand .40 S&W cases to do, but that can wait as I don't shoot it competitively any more.
Y'all be good and stay safe!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2022, 12:00:33 PM »
Steady rain and increasing winds.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2022, 01:10:33 PM »
Steady rain and increasing winds.

Unfortunately from the reports that may be an understatement, Johnny.

Stay safe.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2022, 02:38:47 PM »
Good luck to all of you in Florida!   My sister is in a facility in Ft. Myers, which looks to get hit hard.   They opted to keep all the patients sheltered in place.   

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2022, 03:02:52 PM »
Unfortunately from the reports that may be an understatement, Johnny.
At the time the post was made I personally experienced steady rain and increasing winds. I'm still experiencing steady rain and increasing winds. Estimating gusts in the 40's.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2022, 04:44:24 PM »
5:30 PM- Rain has abated some, a false feeling as the storm moves slowly across the Staie @ 8MPH.  (The entire State ! )
Gust here about 45 MPH 4PM, a gust reached 74 around 4PM and a tornado was tracked on the Osceola/Brevard Co. Line (35 miles east of my place) 
The EYE will pass over my area about 7AM tomorrow, expecting 90 MPH. A tornado warning till 11AM tomorrow.

Ian is a Cat 3 now that's 130 MPH winds, damage and flooding at landfall-Ft. Myers area is large.

EDIT: Cat 4 storm on shore @ near Ft. Myers, has slowed to 8MPH forward movement, now a CAT 3
 the storm is crawling along, and the now the eye will be in my area @ 7-9AM tomorrow

This will be a siege

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2022, 08:49:36 PM »
You guys be safe down there. You are all in our prayers.
PS Roger, when this is over and you are back to normal, let me know. I have a Colt 1903 you might like.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Johnny McCrae

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2022, 07:15:45 AM »
The rain has stopped for now. We still have wind. Estimate 15-20 MPH. Never lost power. This was our first major hurricane since moving to Florida four years ago. The Hurricane was projected to go right over our area and we expected the worst. We were very lucky, but many others were not. IAN has caused massive devastation with more to come. Please pray for the Florida residents still in harm's way especially Major 2.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2022, 07:30:02 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

I'll be praying.

'Tis 25 and mostly sunny. High of 62.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2022, 07:39:04 AM »
STILL HERE  :D Thanks to the Lord and the well wishes.
The actual storm track was about 50 miles south of were earlier forecasts placed it, so it was far better for my property.  :-X 

The storm is just off Melbourne as a tropical storm Rain has lifted well north of my area for now.
But is wrapping around and I expect more as the day wears on. Gusts are much lighter as of now.

I'm fortunate, we still have power fingers crossed, knock on wood.
The blessed thing is some 40,000 power company workers, from Tenn. Texas, LA. and other points
are mobilized to restore power to those without.
Flooding is the big story all over the area. 
The Florida Turnpike is closed due to flooding from 15 miles just south of Orlando.

Just spoke to John, he has power and is faring well.... more later

Thanks for all the well wishes

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2022, 07:42:07 AM »
Glad to hear you didn't blow away there Major and wind up in Oz with those Munchkins. Hopefully all our friends in Florida made out the best they could. My turn to get wet and windy tomorrow.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2022, 10:52:47 AM »
Good to hear from you "Iannites" stay safe. A friend of mine from Church is one of the power workers down there waiting to kick in.
If nothing else Roger, you could have camped out in the tank you guys have in front of the museum. It sure wouldn't blow away!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2022, 11:28:57 AM »
STILL HERE  :D Thanks to the Lord and the well wishes.
The actual storm track was about 50 miles south of were earlier forecasts placed it, so it was far better for my property.  :-X 

The storm is just off Melbourne as a tropical storm Rain has lifted well north of my area for now.
But is wrapping around and I expect more as the day wears on. Gusts are much lighter as of now.

I'm fortunate, we still have power fingers crossed, knock on wood.
The blessed thing is some 40,000 power company workers, from Tenn. Texas, LA. and other points
are mobilized to restore power to those without.
Flooding is the big story all over the area. 
The Florida Turnpike is closed due to flooding from 15 miles just south of Orlando.

Just spoke to John, he has power and is faring well.... more later

Thanks for all the well wishes

If we see typical after storm help I bet the so called Cajun Navy is on it's way, those folks never get enough credit but ain't what they want anyway, but national news don't care about what they consider a bunch of rednecks, Charlie Daniels said it best when he said they are nothing but the common working man. ;)

LOL I think I got shunned by an old man waiting for Rita to pick me back up, he looked me over, seemed to look for another place to sit and wait.  All full, he sat down and I ask him how his day was going, he mumbled something, then about 3 minutes later looked at me again and went and sat inside.  Not 100% sure but if true he made me feel young again, not happened in a long time.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com