CAS TOPICS > Gunsmithing

Uberti Colt 1860 Army arbor length

(1/2) > >>

YankeePapa:
The wedge on my Uberti Colt 1860 Army has always gone in kinda crooked and required a tap with a plastic hammer to seat it and to drive it out.

There was a tiny nub at the end of the arbor that I always ignored. I filed it off and now I can seat and remove the wedge with my fingers. The lip of the spring keeps it secure.

Removing such a tiny bit of metal made a huge difference.

45 Dragoon:
Well, YankeePapa, I don't mean to sound "higher than mighty" but the Uberti reproduction open top revolvers have short arbors and your removal of material did not in any way correct anything. The wedge (by design ) was to be "driven in" (not finger tight!!) so as to "marry" the two assemblies. Yours would be an anomaly if what you say happened happened. I would submit that if you drove the wedge in further, you would lock up the cylinder, which would be evidence of a short arbor.

Mike

Coffinmaker:

:) Me two!!  Me Two!!  ;)

I just wanna PILE ON wid da Dragoon.  The Barrel to Arbor fit of Uberti Cap Guns is Abysmal.  Never has been correct and has never been corrected.  A Uberti may work out of the box, but it won't work "right."  First step before doing anything else, it to correct the Barrel to Arbor fit.

After actually fixing the Barrel/Arbor fit, you may well have to replace and refit the Wedge.

Stay Well Out There

Advertising:

DeaconKC:
Would this apply to their cartridge conversion 1860 Army's as well?

45 Dragoon:
Yessir.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version