Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

Determining whether I have a USA-made USFA or a parts gun

<< < (2/5) > >>

JasonR:
Sorry, wasn't able to take additional photos today. Dealing with partial civilizational collapse here in Texas. A giant falling branch destroyed our outdoor tankless water heater early this morning, knocking out all water pressure and punching a hole in the side of the house. :o Maybe tomorrow!

--- Quote from: Buckaroo Lou on February 18, 2021, 01:36:41 PM ---Need to see the cam section of the ejector rod housing and the cylinder flutes. Also the loading gate pivot arm is thicker on USA parts guns than those on the Italian parts guns.

Is the front sight the same thickness from bottom to the top?

--- End quote ---

I'll add those extra pictures tomorrow, hopefully. As for the front sight, it is the same thickness from top to bottom.

Dave T:
Jason,

Sorry to hear about your water heater and house problems. Best of luck getting that sorted out.

Dave

Buckaroo Lou:
If the cam section of the ejector housing is the long gradual one it is USA made, If it is the short fast cam it is an Italian part. If the rounded ends of the cylinder flutes are more round and less pointed it is a USA cylinder. If those two things check out with what you have previously shown us I would say you have an all USA parts revolver.

JasonR:
Thank you. I don't really have anything to compare mine to, so if you wouldn't mind taking a look at these extra photos, I'd really appreciate it.

Even if everything checks out externally, would I still need to disassemble the entire gun to be certain that other internal parts are USA parts? I posted a picture of the hand earlier, but I'm not sure I trust myself to take the entire gun apart without marring something.

Thanks again.

(Don't worry, muzzle is pointed at my iPhone, not my face. :))

JasonR:

--- Quote from: Dave T on February 19, 2021, 12:09:52 PM ---Jason,

Sorry to hear about your water heater and house problems. Best of luck getting that sorted out.

Dave

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Dave!

We were very fortunate to be near the top of one plumbing company's list, and they managed to restore our water pressure today, even if we're going to have to wait for an unknown period of time to get the hot water back. We'll have to do some old-fashioned bathing with stove-heated water and sponges, I guess, but I'm not complaining. So many people around here and across Texas have it much worse right now. Send up some prayers for all those folks.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version